Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looking for some comment and thanks to those who gave advice when my kid was looking for a 900; he elected to keep his ng so it (the classic), didn't happen.

I assume that the car down the street is an 85 or 86 2 door notchback. The corner of it caught my eye in the neighbor's driveway and it is being "stored" for his brother who lives in "The City" since he didn't have parking when he needed a new car.

Now, I have medical issues so my days of restoration are over but of course I had to show my kid the car "sticking out" and of course he had to knock on the door which opens Pandora's box right?

I probably will not want this car but since I am "in the church" instead of reading a post where the guy has been searching for a 2 door notch I figure I can at least say something since they are kind of rare (in my book rare does not always mean better), but if some rally guy is looking for a conversion car? What the heck?

The fellow called me and said the car is running but when the tail pipe fell off he tossed it in the trunk and he mentioned that he topped the power steering off to drive it to NJ so it leaks a bit. From a distance (I did stop from getting out and walking over to look), it did have a dented drivers door, and a tiny bit of rust on the wheel arch that I could see as I mentioned in another post, he said his mech said it had some rust by the suspension and "it banged once when he hit a pot hole like we have over here". In the dark, it was basic black, and it runs and I'm welcome to take it for a ride; I guess they made a turbo but I don't have a clue. I may go look tomorrow but I'm (for the first time), holding back the urge. There is a guy that had a TVR that I may make myself a (divorced), fool over but after 3 900's what the heck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? If this thing, if I do something stupid cause' you never know, when I look at it I would be more than happy to pass it on.

I did not even ask the guy the price, which is why I did not get out of the car. One side of me is screaming keep your distance fool but, look at the dynamics of the mind of a car junkie .. I just comment to my Saab junkie son that there is a notch that "lives around the corner from us, wanna' see? ... so I had to at least call now that he (my son), spoke to the wife.

I don't even have a clue how much he is looking to get for it but I have a feeling that they (in law), can't be too happy with the thing eating up driveway. They live in Hunterdon and he sounded pretty confident except for the power steering issue.

:D:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.