Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the ranch where my boyfriend lives last night and this was the sight that greeted me this morning. I had to search around to find a suitable ice scrapper (I ended up using a folded paper plate). Its been mid 60s low 70s for the last week, so this is definitely not the norm. Im sure all you east coasters are going to laugh at my Cali ass for this, but this was super fun for me this morning. :lol:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
For those of you, like me, that HATE frost with a burning passion and even have to deal with it in the early summer mornings, get one of those nylon windshield covers that are held tight on the window by closing it in the door. They work. Wonderfully.

Or you could use a beach towel, but Saab's have HUGE windshields and they don't fit well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We should instead discuss the Squareback with the EMPI wheels you have there.
Yes its nice, but its not mine. Its my boyfriends friends car. My bf has a 68 bug and all his friends drive different VWs (air cooled only) and their all in the same car club. Im the odd one out cuz I drive a saab. But nobodies VW is turboed! :lol:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Only supposed to hit zero tonight...

I have to work at 6am in this crap.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
it was 8 this morning when i left the house - about 12 by time I got to work. Cold is cold. Amazingly the Geo had almost no frost on it this morning, but the passenger door lock was frozen unlocked. Took about 1/2 the ride to work for it to thaw out. Frozen locks are a problem on a Geo it seems - must leave them un-locked otherwise you may end up crawling through the hatch one morning.....

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I will withhold my winter judgments. Loving the Squareback, one of those is definitely in my future, albeit a strongly bastardized one.

·
Registered
645 Posts
seriously frost! Try waking up to 3 feet of snow on your car

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I use that ice-melt-in-a-squirt-bottle stuff. It works real well. I also spray down my wipers with it before driving in crud while it's snowing. Keeps them from icing up--for a while anyway.

For you window scraperless warm climate folks, a credit card works well in a pinch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts