Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i take the wheels off yesterday to put in these lowering springs and first thing i do is check the brakes.. well guess what, the rotors arent vented..
my question is....to use the vented rotors, do i need new calipers as well??

·
7,595 Posts
I would not bother, they are a marginal upgrade at best, plus you can't just swap calipers and rotors, you need everything between the ball-joints in order to do "upgrade" to vented sliding yoke calipers. Upgrade to the 88+ style if you are going to do that.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh well then.. it needs brakes pretty bad, so ill just get the solid ones and toss em in i guess

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If your interested Ive got all the parts youd need to upgrade your brakes to the 88+ sitting in my yard

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your interested Ive got all the parts youd need to upgrade your brakes to the 88+ sitting in my yard
i would love to do this but not trying to deal with the ebrake lines and all that jazz right now.. maybe in the spring..

do have to say tho. now that the car is lowered it would look killer on exposed lug aeros..

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
i would love to do this but not trying to deal with the ebrake lines and all that jazz right now.. maybe in the spring..

do have to say tho. now that the car is lowered it would look killer on exposed lug aeros..
I wont be touching the car til the spring anyway so let me know

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any suggestions for what pads to use for better performance?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Stick with the solids would be my advice and, when I'm tired of constantly changing pads, I'm swapping out my cross-drilled and slotted vented rotors for solid Zimmermanns because these damn things chew pads like they were starving.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just ordered them with some brembo rotors! thanks tweek

1 - 18 of 18 Posts