Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started on new years eve. The car has always sounded like it was low on juice to start. After christmas I bought a new battery for it and installed it on new years eve. The car drove fine that day. Go to start it the next day and nothing, it cranks but no fire. I found a loose post clamp, but not the problem. I bought an ignition coil for it since I had a credit from christmas to the local autoparts store. I get the bentley manual out for it and run through the test it has set out for it. step 7) check the amplifier switching function. I do this and this step fails and tells me to replace the ign amp. I am not sure if I just purchased a second defective one or what, but the car will still not start. messing around the car starts a day later. I let it run for 10 min, shut it off restart it, shut it off restart it, let it run for about 30 min in my driveway. I take off to the gas station and you guessed it, no start. I still have no start. wait till the next day, no start. I look at the manual and rerun the test and I still have it failing the amplifier switching function. I went on in testing and I also seems to be failing the hall sensor. could I have 2 or 3 bad components or am I missing something here. I am half tempted to just buy all 3 new and hope that works. Also there was a ballast resistor that was wired to the positive of the coil to the screw that holds the clamp on the distributor that holds the cap on. I am not sure but I think that just grounds out the voltage. Anyone know what I can do because it seems all tests are failing. Sorry about how long this is, trying to get as much detail in as possible. I have tried to search for similar posts but I did not see anything so sorry if I am reposting
Thank you for your time in advance

·
10,303 Posts
Is it an 85?

What about shaking the wires that go to the dizzy? My 85 spg sometimes doesn't start when they are touched.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts