Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah... so as I was coming around a turn on my block - the car cut off on me. This isn't the first time I've had a no start - but first time it's really died while on the move. This morning I went to start it and it just didn't want to fire. Well - thinking it was battery related (knowing it wasn't) I hooked it up to a friends car and went to jump it - after a few it fired up. Well It did that again - and now it's just dead. Lots of cranking - plenty of fuel and power - just no spark. So DeLorean is bringing over a good condensor - bbiab

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BAH! We're stumped.... damn 9000.... So we tried a Ignition coil, a new condensor and a few other little things - even hooked it onto the SPG to charge - NOTHING!~ Just cranks - no spark. Blast! Tomorrow I'm going to hit up my new boss at Tec One and talk to him. He's a Saab guy - and very knoledgeable in the foreign car realm of things so - hopefully with a little help from our friends ;) ;) we can get this darn thing to fire up and go. Damn 9000's are nothing but fun till they fail - then they are nothing but hell!!!! :evil: :evil:

·
7,595 Posts
yep, odd. it's something before the coil. either the ECM, or the wiring to the thing. tried different ignition moduels, it's not that. I can hear the fuel running in the rail, so that's working. the blasted thing just has no spark.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hall Effects Sensor!!! ARG! Thanks DeLorean for one of the Inventory parts ;) The guy over at Tec One Instantly suggested we try a Distributor - and it worked. It was a had Effects Sensor. Timing is now set - and the 9000 is back on the road! YAY! 8) :lol:

·
7,595 Posts
yeah, I forgot that the hall-effect sensor sends the firing time to the ECM, then to the ignition module, then to the coil, and then to the distributor. Since there was no data of what position the engine was at being read by the hall-effect sensor, everything else was off too, and thus there was no spark being made anywhere in the ignition system. simple enough, I just missed the thought process of what was "going on" You have to know how things work before you can diagnose a problem with it. just makes it easier for next time, I'll be able to figure it out faster :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts