Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...posting from the phone in the garage...just finished getting my car back together and am going for a test fire...key in ignition...turning it get nothing. No dash lights or anything...battery is charged...any ideas? What dumb thing did I forget to connect? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Sounds like the ignition switch - were you down there messing around? Leave it unplugged? If not - then with the key turned on, get a soft rubber/plastic mallet device and lightly bang on the key intowards the switch - usually you can get the lights to come ona nd the car to start if this is the problem. Otherwise - start going over where you were in the car and ensure it's all plugged in and all the fuses are good. That is where I would start. (assuming the battery IS in fact fully charged)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The battery does show charged via a charger. When my dad attached it he said he heard a hum in the engine bay after he hooked it up...so I'm wondering if a fuse or relay went...where exactly does the ignition plug in 'down there'? Under the car?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I definitely wasn't digging around in the cabin so I don't know how the switch would have gone bad...the car has just been sitting for a month or two...just suspension and removing the turbo and manifold. Is there a specific relay I should check?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts