Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guy's i need a little help. 00 vig is trying to whip me , i had a ABS lite on left
wheel no siginal , swaped sensors , a bunch of other test , and then the TCS off lite came on and the Speedo stopped working , Got a new ABS controller, Now i have all wheel sensors siginals and speed siginal from rear , but lite is still on and no speedo, Tcs still on . Thinking MIU?? Any one ever heard of this . I was told by Saab they have some in 98 that they replaced due to no speedo . and Belive it or not my speedo head was make in 98 even though it's a 2000.
Any Help??
thanks sue :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep, it was the MIU, Beware coke to the dash is VERY bad , Not me previous owner. so Dont drink and drive , it'll take out your MIU , if not your car .
Sue :lol:

·
7,595 Posts
in standard general motors fashion, the GM-900 runs a small electric motor in the speedometer that is run by the ECU. the ECU knows how fast the car is going by an input from the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) this is inside the transmission and there is a little wire on it that goes into the harness. check to see that it's still plugged in and working, if it is, then you probably need a new instrument cluster. best bet it to find one from the junk yard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts