Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about it now i don't know that i ever had any sound from them for certain, i never put my head down there to listen, but the other day i had the door cards off and saw that the surrounds on both door speakers were completely gone, not there at all, totally floating speaker cone...

so i bought some not terribly expensive 50w 6.5" speakers, and hooked them up. turned the stereo on after the install and found that there is no sound coming from them what so ever.

the amp is hooked up, and i can't see any signs of cut wiring or any disconnected wiring on the back of the stock head unit.

the wiring in the door from what i can tell is also intact

are the chances good that my amp, for whatever reason is totally kaput and not putting out any sound? in my experience with normal amps, when they fail they put out awful sounding distorted sound, not nothing at all.

the fuse in the door panel for the central locks/amp is in good shape, all of the other radio related fuses are in good shape.

anything else that i could check into?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've replaced two of those amps in the last couple of years. With used ones, One lost the right door channel and the other lost both like yours. Its cheap enough to just get a used one and plug it in. my guess is, Its your amp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts