Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on this 91 900S 3dr and the reverse lights front and rear dont work...no the brake lights and signals work and im out of ideas....

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
there is a circuitry connection with all the lights in the rear light plate. If it's not touching the tab in the reverse light bulb socket, none of the lights that come on the same time as that light will work. It did it with my reverse lights and my brake lights. Just took a flat head screwdriver and bent the metal tabs up so they had more spring in them, and popped the bulb back in. Check the contacts in each reverse light front and rear. They are all connected on a reverse circuit. Hope this helps. If not that, then it's the reverse light switch, which is found under that plate around the gear shifter if it's an automatic. :)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
^^ I agree with above - inspect there first and report back. Sounds like either the shifter is not contacting the reverse switch in the shifter housing or the switch is bad. I think I have a rev. switch laying around somewhere if you don't have a few yourself on hand.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so I pulled the wires off the switch and jumpered them and all my lights are working..So my switch is abit tired so im gonna get one and try that...update when I get my new switch..

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that did it...Its weird i've been in C900s for ages and never has this been an issue. I've experienced every other known failure..

·
Registered
709 Posts
Search is a wonderful thing. The front and rear reverse lights on my '83 stopped working last week. I'll head out there today and check it out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I inherited and parted a friend's 87 900 4dr several years ago. Found a generic toggle switch tucked under the dash on the side of the center console. Someone had used it as a manual bypass for the reverse light switch. For the effort it took to install that, why the hell didn't they just replace the proper switch?!:th_thumbsdownsmiley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts