Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had put back my sock head unit until i could get a DIN mount cause it annoyed me to look at an empty space. but then I went to turn on my radio yesterday and nothing happened. I checked the fuse and it wasnt burnt so i checked the wires behind the unit and they were all connected. there must be power going through something becuase the unit is illuminated, but i have no clue what is wrong. any help would be very much appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
well if the fuse was in and no unit was plugged in, the LIVE wires prob. hit somehing metal and shorted the fuse, and blew that. Thus the reason for a fuse... Never install or remove a stereo or any electronics witout removing the items fuse at the least, if not the battery cable. Safety first 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought it might have been, the fuse, but i checked and it was not blown... any thoughts on why it wont be recognized?
thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
The stock head unit has 2 connectors that are very similar in appearance. Perhaps these were reversed when you tried to attach.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, i looked at that and they were in accordence to the little sticker at the side and i had remebered that the gold is on the top... i know im very confused at why this is, i am going to bring it to a shop to see if they know what is wrong with it thanks for your help
tkr

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Im just guessing, but your system may need to reset, and the factory code put in to enable the radio to display on the SID again. Simply disconnecting the negative terminal will reset the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts