Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal:

The heat wasn't working so I changed the thermostat, didnt fix the problem. The car warms up to regular operating temp but when I turn on the heat, cool air blows out. Any ideas what would cause that??

Also, I'm getting small amounts of oil in the coolant reservoir. Someone mentioned that it might be the turbo, put in a rebuilt TD04, still have the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Heat and HG

An easy attempt to resolve the heat problem, if the supply and return hoses to the heater core are hot, is to:

Run the diagnostic mode by having the engine running and pressing AUTO and <=> (Vent) at the same time. "0" should display in the ACC panel and will remain there until the sequence is completed. If the previously selected temperature returns to the display, the system has successfully calibrated itself and found no faults. If a single digit number is displayed, that is the number of faults in the system. It takes about 30 seconds. Sometimes you have to do that after changing your battery or anything else that would kill your electrical system.

The other problem may be your head gasket. There is a one-time retorque procedure on several sites. It can only be done once. Find that procedure and follow it. Saab used to do it and a lot of us DIY'rs were shocked to see how loose some of our headbolts were. Your oil pressure should be 3-4 (or more) times what your coolant pressure is. It can push it's way into the cooling system when the H/G is starting to fail to do it's job.
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have the heat issue. I changed my thermostat and flushed my coolant this summer. I'm currently running a 70% Coolant 30% Water mix. I'm wondering if this causing my heat issue. It blows normal and such. But its cold on any setting except Hi. Like on Hi it functions normally and is nice and toasty warm but anything below say 80 degrees the heat is cold. Whats going on? It has an error code of 02 last time I checked.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you or a previous owner used a radiator stop leak, your problem is most probably a clogged heater core. The only thing to do would be to test it and cheange it if it is.

You might want to retorque the head bolts and pressure test the coolant system at a radiator shop as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.