Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 9-3 is blowing warm but hot hot air at whatever adjusted vent/deforst/floor mode. Are there any specific hoses i need to look at to see if they are off/cracked. This is the first winter i'll be having the car and the temp that the air is coming out of the vents is not very hot. It is not cold, but not hot. It is just warm. It is a big difference than my other cars heat that could scorch you if you put to your hand too close to the vents. Is there a problem going on in my Saab that would not put out great heat. The control cable attached on the back on the manual control brick is still attached and moves like it should as i adjust it from cold to hot. My coolent level is fine. I did how ever just change my t-stat a little while ago. Was i suppose to bleed the hoses or something after i drained the coolent and put ina new t-stat. and put the coolent back in.
My c900 always seemed to put out a hot supply in this cold VT weather. I even let the car warm up to the middle of the temp gauge before i really turn the vent speed on. Thanks

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I had the same problem on my 9-3 with climate control and the dealer replaced the temp sensor that is in the center console (swirled hole by seat heaters) and after that it worked just peachy. If it is blowing luke warm air it still may not be a heater core but could also be a thermostat stuck open or numerous other things like that. What does the temp gauge read on your car when it is fully warmed up? Can you feel warmth on the 2 hoses that run in and out of the heater core (coming out of the firewall about an inch in diameter).

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The t-stat is brand new and i doubt it is that. I just put it in and it always reads fine on the dash gauges. I dont know where the heat core is located on my car. The car doesn't have a temp sensor to the manual ac controls on the dash/console area. It is a 98/99 saab 9-3. It was the 375th 9-3 ever made.

·
Registered
51 Posts
soccerrplyr said:
The t-stat is brand new and i doubt it is that. I just put it in and it always reads fine on the dash gages. I dont know where the heat core is located on my car. The car doesn't have a temp sensor to the manual ac controls on the dash/console area. It is a 98/99 Saab 9-3. It was the 375th 9-3 ever made.
Then it must be the heat intensity control, either not engaged or messed up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
yeah my tstat is broken in half and mine still works just fine.....weird huh
Unless you are pullin' our legs, viggen, and I believe you are, tis absolutely impossible for a thermostat to be broken in half and still function...
I'll bet the heat control is broken - probably all plastic !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey !
Was the problem ever solved ??
Please do not leave us hanging, Soccerr.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not really, The temp has warmed up around here (use to be -20), now in the 20's, and the heat is a bit hotter but it just seems that i have to have my car maxed out on the heat control and the vents at the third setting to ge tthe car comfortable. I never puit it on the four setting because i was told that is not good for the car/motor stuff. Anyway, all the shafts and wires in the back of the manual control unit are working properly. My only guess out be that the heat core is not get the air hot like it use to or maybe some vent in the heater box deep in the dash is messed up. To fix the heater box is like 1000-14000 IF that is the problem and the heater core is only 150 but like 6-8 hours of work at 50 dollars an hour. So I just went out to the auto store, bought a 15 dollar cig. heater and turn that on if i get to chilled.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
I just had a similar situation with mine. But mine wouldn't turn off at all, just kept blowing hi no matter what I did. Then it just stopped working completely. When we tore everything apart I had harness that went bad, caused the whole system to breakdown, one after the other. Had to get all new AC system because it had fryed all the boards and my blower motor. That plus a broken lower control arm ran me $1400. I love my saab :roll:

Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts