Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after leaving class today, I go to punch it (just a lil) and there's kind of like this gurgly groan right where the turbo would be spooling up (I could feel it in the gas pedal too). I notice that the needle doesn't go past the green (vacuum?) either, no matter how much gas I give it. Finally, by the time I get home, the car is just completely missing zip, and I'm getting no boost at all.

I check all the lines, everything from the MBC is snug and the wastegate looks OK, there's no oil leaking out of anything...so what happened? I don't know what to do and I have no idea what could be causing this. Thanks guys!

:cry: -Jesse

·
Registered
75 Posts
well if you can after the car cools down. Pop off the intake side off the turbo and check for wheel spinnage in the turbo. Make sure it didn't seize. Check your inner-cooler lines again make sure you didn't pop one off. Make sure nothing is shoved in your muffler, lol sorry had a wig stuck in mine. Just some ideas. Best of luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's safe to say that the turbo is OK at this point. I'm hoping it's just a popped-off hose, I don't really know where to start looking for leaks. A big gaping hole where a hose should be connected is much easier to spot...

·
10,303 Posts
I know you said the wastegate looked ok, was the arm still attached to the swing puck on the exhaust housing of the turbo? These little clips are known to vanish into thin air and cause the wastegate to disconnect and swing open.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, Ron on SC actually just suggested that and I believe this is the problem! I just installed the 6 point subframe brace last night and got a little overzealous on a very bumpy, twisty, hilly mountainous road last night and had 2 very large bottoming outs (oh yea, forgot I'm still on stock suspension with a blown strut...:roll:) after which I THOUGHT I might have lost a small piece of hardware. I mean, the bump was big enough that if you weren't truly dedicated to staying on the car, you would've fallen off (and I probably didn't need you anyway).

So there is definitely

(1) an explanation as to how this would've happened (a very large bump) and...

(2) a reasonable time frame for things to have progressed (hitting the bump driving home the night before, complete loss of boost the next morning while driving home from class)

I think at this point I'm going to wire it up for now until I can find a new clip.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah my clip fell off once, on the highway, the car is a pig without the turbo. Sounded weird like yours. I just ran a piece of wire through it, and twisted it together so it cant fall off again like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts