Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been with many over the years since the intranetz.... so far, Saablink and even S/C... they take the cake.............. spoiled on the friendships here..............this place and the jeep forums.......these spots seem to be a pretty tight group of people that respect each other.... people aren't as friendly ANYWHERE else, makes me sad in the BMW forums, they don't help their reputation at all, most of them are wanker/jackholes and are more than willing to share that feeling............. and I always feel the need to defend my questions anymore.....sad really....... Anyone in Columbia, SC to give me a feel...some ideas....etc.......... - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum I think it'd be amazing if Saab and BMW joined up.... Really I want a Saab T5 2.3 with a Holset HX35 in my E36 M3.... BMW handling with Saab motor and Holset?!!?!? tell me that wouldn't be awesome?!?!??

ah crap, bed time............

Anyhow....thanks TSL...... thanks for being my friends......... !!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Navy guys... so spoiled these days..... come on... your bunks are pre-heated by the guy sleeping before your shift... what more can you ask for?!?!? ;-) ahhhhh.... rock on..........

Time for XO movie night!!?!?!?!? :D

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Navy guys... so spoiled these days..... come on... your bunks are pre-heated by the guy sleeping before your shift... what more can you ask for?!?!? ;-) ahhhhh.... rock on..........

Time for XO movie night!!?!?!?!? :D
On a cruiser we have enough bunks not to share :mrgreen: I have gummie bears for the movie night.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
We are glad to be your friends.... however i did notice that the thread title you linked had the phrase "Anyone in Columbia, SC to give me a feel....", that could raise a few eyebrows/open up the flood gates for some comments, but yeah that is one of the worst bimmer forums to go on, people there annoy me, mostly stupid, immature, or self absorbed, or unneccesarily elitist, or all of the above.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Lol, I know exactly what your talking about. I only go on that board if i have a problem or if I'm searching for parts but thats it. My friend says the same thing about the Audi forum. Its really a shame

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We all know everyone with a Beemer was a cock , and then most of them moved on to audis, so anyone with an Audi is now a cock and the Beemer owners are just dumb :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
In Naval Air well, the food was pretty good. The hours sucked however and night shift was good but with no graveyard that was you too. Seeing the sun set and rise again was the norm. But for about $1.25 an hour who could complain.

The Air Farce boys and the Army all had "semi-private" rooms with Air Conditioning at E-3. At E-4 you moved to a private room. They even had real doors on their rooms.

Our dorm was all open with no AC till E-5 and when you made PO1 or Chief you got to share a separate small dorm with an AC.

The Marines we were with had it a cut lower that us. You could have a radio or tape deck but it had to be stowed in a footlocker during the day.

The Junoir-O ranks had more of a hotel with room service and "Flips" to tend laundry and shine shoes. I guess they had more important things to do and though they appeared to be sitting around the pool under the palm trees drinking Mai Tia's they were fine tuning the war effort.

Now the fact that they didn't and weren't allowed to talk to us had nothing to do with segregation or a better than you attitude. I guess?

just kidding, there is a good reason for the non-frat regs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts