Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
looks clean i dig it. but as advice to him, "LOL" and "thx bro" are not idea grammar for selling a car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That 9000 in this discussion is actually my old 9000 Aero. I sold it to him about 1.5 years ago....he flew up from SOUTHERN FLORIDA and drove it home from PLATTSBURGH, NY! I couldn't believe a buyer would be so ambitious. At the time, the guy was 16-18yrs old and came with both of his parents. I think he had some good $$$ with him.

As for the car, it's pretty damn clean. Interior is in great shape. Body-wise, there's no rust on the body that I ever saw and nothing other than minor surface stuff on the bottom. As far as dents go, I had the entire car PDR'd before he bought it, so it should be good there too. Mechanically, the thing was really maintained under me and the owners before me. The owner before me owned nothing but 9000 Aeros and the car was rock solid. Probably one of the cleanest 200k+ 9000's in the country.

As for his mods:

I sold him the car with MikeD's custom 9000 "screamer pipes" (turboback exhaust), so maybe he put that on, I'm not sure. It was a 3" system custom made by Mike for 91-92 9000, so it may or may not be on the car...I never attempted to install or configure.

The car, when I sold it to him with around 200k, still had what I thought was the original clutch, so that will be an obvious issue. HG had been changed and the car had all new belts, tensioner, thermostat, tires, etc. My old for sale post is still in the old for sale thread, if anybody wants to take a look.

The wheel color was my mistake. I painted them and never really cared for the look. He liked it though so I left it.

Overall, the car looks great and it appears as if the new owner has done some great work with it. Glad to see it made it down to a warm weather area without salted roads! I'm still kicking myself for selling this car.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice job of taking care of it..It looks amazing
That 9000 in this discussion is actually my old 9000 Aero. I sold it to him about 1.5 years ago....he flew up from SOUTHERN FLORIDA and drove it home from PLATTSBURGH, NY! I couldn't believe a buyer would be so ambitious. At the time, the guy was 16-18yrs old and came with both of his parents. I think he had some good $$$ with him.

As for the car, it's pretty damn clean. Interior is in great shape. Body-wise, there's no rust on the body that I ever saw and nothing other than minor surface stuff on the bottom. As far as dents go, I had the entire car PDR'd before he bought it, so it should be good there too. Mechanically, the thing was really maintained under me and the owners before me. The owner before me owned nothing but 9000 Aeros and the car was rock solid. Probably one of the cleanest 200k+ 9000's in the country.

As for his mods:

I sold him the car with MikeD's custom 9000 "screamer pipes" (turboback exhaust), so maybe he put that on, I'm not sure. It was a 3" system custom made by Mike for 91-92 9000, so it may or may not be on the car...I never attempted to install or configure.

The car, when I sold it to him with around 200k, still had what I thought was the original clutch, so that will be an obvious issue. HG had been changed and the car had all new belts, tensioner, thermostat, tires, etc. My old for sale post is still in the old for sale thread, if anybody wants to take a look.

The wheel color was my mistake. I painted them and never really cared for the look. He liked it though so I left it.

Overall, the car looks great and it appears as if the new owner has done some great work with it. Glad to see it made it down to a warm weather area without salted roads! I'm still kicking myself for selling this car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Nice job of taking care of it..It looks amazing
I had it for like only 10-15k. The car was just well taken care of it's whole life. Definitely worth $3000-4000, although the clutch issue will be at least $500 to re-do. That, and the boost controller, are troubling, lol...although, if the kid(or more likely, his parents), spent the money to replace the throttle body, install the exhaust, etc, it's still probably in pretty good mechanical shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts