Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay This is going to be the first annual SAAB Niagara Falls Canada Meet!
It is the perfect place to do it because it is right next to the U.S. and there is Tons of ppl in this area that im sure have saabs.

DATE: June 17th 2005
TIME: T.B.A
every friday and sunday nights in Niagara falls the streets are over run by 'rice' so we need to teach them a lesson. * there is some however FAST rice out there.. be careful lol.. Also muscle cars.. steer clear! lol..

Okay so jsut let me know who wants in.. this way i get a rough idea how many people will be coming..There is LOTS of hotel accomadations.. however it does get full in the summer.. so early reservations is required.. I know this is still almost a year away.. but i just want to get the word out!
Also i would like to maybe make this a weekend event.. i dont know.. we will see what happens.

-Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm in!!! :D Cant wait to see other Saab owners, I'll definatly stay for the weekend!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The more the better..
ofcourse other cars are welcome.. VW's Audi.. benz.. etc..
jsut trying to cut back on the.. everyday cars

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Wait this if for next year?

I'll mark it down as soon as I get a 05 calender.
Hey Tweak!! Glad to see that you will make it! I saw the pics from the 1000 Islands meet in Ontario and I realized I missed out on an amazing meet! I'm sure you know Dmitry(car next to yours) with the green 9-5? He lives in my area so I'll inform him about the meet and I guess well all go down together! I cant wait!!! P.S I like the car! Cant wait till you put on the Viggen bumper;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mr.Dobsi said:
Okay This is going to be the first annual SAAB Niagara Falls Canada Meet!
It is the perfect place to do it because it is right next to the U.S. and there is Tons of ppl in this area that im sure have saabs.

DATE: June 17th 2005
TIME: T.B.A
every friday and sunday nights in Niagara falls the streets are over run by 'rice' so we need to teach them a lesson. * there is some however FAST rice out there.. be careful lol.. Also muscle cars.. steer clear! lol..

Okay so jsut let me know who wants in.. this way i get a rough idea how many people will be coming..There is LOTS of hotel accomadations.. however it does get full in the summer.. so early reservations is required.. I know this is still almost a year away.. but i just want to get the word out!
Also i would like to maybe make this a weekend event.. i dont know.. we will see what happens.

-Mike
If you can nail the details down, I'll get this posted up on both the Saab Central and SOCCI forums Event areas.

Perhaps a winery tour would be a good driving (although slowly) event. :wink:

I gave this some thought in July.
My wife and I took our kids and spent the day travelling around, seeing the sights, trying different wines a little off the beaten path ... it would be fantastic to have a train of Saabs tooling around! 8)

Let me know if you like the idea ... I would be happy to help plan the tour! :wink: :wink: :D
I may be there this Sunday checking out some of the winery's ... I'll make sure to bring home a map of the area for planning purposes. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey scott.. i would really like it if you helped me plan a tour or a 'course'.. jsut highlight the route we will take and stuff.. some back roads.. the winery sounds pretty cool too..maybe sunday we can hook up or something and plan something out.. im just a young punk tho!.. (19).. but still.. just lemme know
PM me..
take it easy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll try and post details within a week or so.
so anyone else.. let me know the more amout of ppl the better.. remember that!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mr.Dobsi said:
hey scott.. i would really like it if you helped me plan a tour or a 'course'.. jsut highlight the route we will take and stuff.. some back roads.. the winery sounds pretty cool too..maybe sunday we can hook up or something and plan something out.. im just a young punk tho!.. (19).. but still.. just lemme know
PM me..
take it easy
As it turns out, my plans for Sunday were just thrown out!

My wife's company was planning a winery tour ... on bikes! :eek: :D
We did it last year and it really is a blast! 8)
Unfortunately, not enough folks signed up this year so they cancelled it.

Oh well, there is lots of time to sort that detail out ... and lots of time left to make it out there before winter for another imprompto tour! :wink: :wink:

We'll hook up soon enough!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay that sounds like a plan. in the mean time tho can you just put out the word on this meet tho.. jsut give rough details like I did.. jsut get the word out if you could.. thanks!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Isn't it supposedly bad to drink and ride a bike?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Yeah, I met DIP and his whole family. His kid was a riot. :D
Riot, huh? ;)

I find it a bit strange to plan meetings a year in advance, but sure, I'm in.

P.S. Is anyone planning to attend a SOCCI school in Shannonville this Friday?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts