Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts

These are somewhat old, I'll get some updated ones soon.

·
Registered
392 Posts
1996 900S N/A

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
what's with all the 900S cars??? not saying they aren't nice... just knda strange how so far 3 of 3 aren't Turbo.... :roll: sorry if i'm pestering :p and those rims are very loud on that 900 - nice look - guess ya gotta lower it next?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Are you kidding? You know I'm turboed :!: I have an SE model w/ an MBC, intake, boost guage and Turbo XS BOV. No non-turbo here ;)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
900S is the only way to go...Offering "Sport Mode" where the little engine pumps out so much more HP :D ...allowing us to shift later and run up our RPMs...Well I have an auto...so it does the shifting for me...But in sport mode...the damn thing is loud when you gun in...

Does anyone know if driving with sport mode on all the time is bad for your engine? I'd assume it might not be so good for the tranny...But has anyone had problems due to using it?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
rcmdesign said:
[Note: Pics are outdated...Before Viggen Roof Antenna, Angel Eyes etc...]
yo Rob, did I miss pics of the new angel eyes, or do you not have any posted yet? :?:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
rcmdesign said:
Does anyone know if driving with sport mode on all the time is bad for your engine? I'd assume it might not be so good for the tranny...But has anyone had problems due to using it?
Rob, I also have an auto tranny. my car has SPORT mode.

My worry was also transmission durability. Here's what the master tech at my saab dealer told me:

drive in sport mode all the time if you want max performance. The ECU will limit performance if you put around in normal mode, it will "learn" you like to drive slower and shift earlier. drive around in sport mode all the time and it will "learn" you like to shift later and if you run it hard it will learn to run better that way.

he then showed me a a few parts from his tranny he just took out to replace with some fresher parts at about 125-150,000 miles and they were a bit worn, but not destroyed... he said this is the first sign of trouble and after so many miles of HARD running, that is not bad at all. he said it came from his 9-5 aero automatic. He said people think he is crazy for getting an auto tranny AERO but with all the stop and go driving he does the manual was driving him crazy, and his aero still hauls ass in sport mode anyways! besides, auto tranny turbo cars don't need to dump boost between shifts. a nice bonus. 8) 8) 8)

he said you should get your auto tranny fluid flushed at least at each 50-60K miles, but at 25 K miles you might want to basically have the tech freshen it up a bit-- let some old fluid out and top up with some fresh fluid. he said not to worry so much. he told me i was paranoid, basically. i had wanted fresh fluid at 15K miles, because i run it so hard. i guess that was a bit paranoid. :oops: :oops: :oops:

but after blowing two trannies in my old Bimmers, i find it hard not to worry, but he beats this 9-5 Aero really good, (he goes through a new set of 4 z rated tires about every 3 months or so!) so I tend to beleive him on this.

hope that helps!

·
Administrator
254 Posts
1995 900SE vert
Many mods

1 - 20 of 26 Posts