Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm all about the Eagles, as expected. Don't know if they have a shot @ the cup, but the team is better (allegedly) than last year. It does hinge on Vick being a steady hand. We'll see, I guess.

I don't have a clue how the season will turn out.

So what are you all feeling this season? Who makes it far? Who wins?

Curious to hear feedback!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I know it's only pre-season, but the Bungles got spanked last night by the Lions. Granted we lost Carson Palmer, Ocho-Cinco(enjoy him Patriots fans) and a couple other players right before training camp. But they looked like a high school team could have beaten them last night.

Apathy has already set in. I'm really hoping for a perfect(0-16)season.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Pats wiped the floor with the Jags the other night in they're exhibition game. 47-12 and this was without Brady! I think that's the key. Keep Brady off the field and maybe the Pats will go to the super bowl. The season with Cassel is a perfect example!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Whatever team Sebastian Vettel is on.*

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Pats wiped the floor with the Jags the other night in they're exhibition game. 47-12 and this was without Brady! I think that's the key. Keep Brady off the field and maybe the Pats will go to the super bowl. The season with Cassel is a perfect example!
How did Ocho-Cinco play, if he did play?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'm hoping the 49ers can make the playoffs for the first time in nearly 10 years! With Alex Smith still at QB though, we're probably more likely to be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes!

Thank god football is back!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
The Chargers one is so true, too:

"No, but I wish other people would go to the game so I could watch it on TV."

They are always blacked out and it messes with my ability to see Broncos games.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
tonight tonight tonight its on.

eagles are being compareed to miami heat's "dream" team. i hope it turns out that way.
a bunch of allstars vying for highlights and jealous of each other made for a fun nba season. and the heat made the big show, first time out.

both outcomes will make for a great nfl season too. if you're an eagles fan, that is!

i officially pick the eagles and jets to reach the superbowl. :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
some other ruminations:
- steelers are over. superbowl performance showed lack of heart/drive/interest.
- pats too, are done.
- jets are gonna be a problem. they can win it all.
- greenbay is not going to 'pop' this year. they played far above their skill level and its hard to make magic repeatedly.
- errbody seems to be rooting for chargers in postseason this year. i dont see how, apart from an awesome qb.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
greenbay will dominate. we are in our prime. GO PACK GO!

we are woopin the saints back to the swamp tonight. its nutso here in WI btw.....

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
last night, green bay looked like they were still seeking the strap. no ring rust. just awesomeness. and this against a saints team that, against anybody else, wins easily.

an 'away' first game is tough enough without having to fight an amazing defensive performance. brees completing 400+ yrds and still losing? thats just wrong...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
eagles can beat the packers! just hope eagles o-line can get it together! if vick gets hammered like last season, he wont play half the season. cant win without vick.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts