Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work in Thailand this morning, I got a really nice clean run with a stock C-6 Corvette. We ran from 50-130MPH. He pulled me very lightly through 100MPH but from 100-130 the pull got stronger. Sucky aerodynamics VS. exemplary aerodynamics.

All in all, he got me by about 4 car lengths but the pull was steady just changing pace here and there. I never actually held him off as near as I can tell. I still felt pretty good about it actually. Not REAL good, but pretty good. I never feel REAL good when I lose! Those cars put down 365whp routinely so I'm OK with the result.

D-

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
ha ha - nice. It's still fun to try even when you know you're out powered. As long as the other car driver wasn't acting a fool - then it's all good and fun.

I remember when I was 17 and got a Classic Vette to "race" me in my 88' VW Fox - good times.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I did the same sort of thing with a new Vette a few years ago. Coming home from dads house in mexico I came up on this guy in a new vette lollygagging along at 45-50mph. Well, the speed limit is 55 so I passed him and continued down the road at 62mph. A couple miles later the Vette is right on my bumper. I wasn't going to speed up or slow down or let him intimidate me. Eventually I got sick of it and dropped down a few gears and took off. He quickly caught and passed me and continued down the highway at more-than-legal speeds. About 5 miles later, coming out of a little piss-ant town I saw the Vette pulled over by a state trooper. As I went by, the vette driver was pointing at me and shouting(it looked he was shouting)at the cop. The cop just shook his head and kept writing.

I continued home at my 62mph pace.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
LMAO! That's great - I'm guilty of getting others pulled over as well, it's a fun game.
If the guy in the vette had been cool, I wouldn't have laughed when I saw him pulled over. But he was a dick. He was out on a Sunday drive and I guess it hurt his dick when a Saab station wagon passed him. I wasn't trying to goad him into a race. He was just in between me and my home and he was going slower than me.

When I took off, I only took it up to about 120 then he passed me. I backed it down to 62 after he passed. I had no idea the cop was up the road. I know the town is there and that it's a known speed trap.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Wait a second..

First you were like

I wasn't going to speed up or slow down or let him intimidate me. Eventually I got sick of it and dropped down a few gears and took off.
but then you were like

I wasn't going to speed up or slow down or let him intimidate me. Eventually I got sick of it and dropped down a few gears and took off.
?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Getting passed by ANY station wagon is enough to make most people sore, especially those of the vette driving persuasion. Their junk seems to be more sensitive than most. Oh and same for mustang drivers.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Whatever dude, call it what you want. I was there, you weren't. If anybody was intimidated it was the guy in the Vette.

My dick wasn't hurt when he passed me and I didn't get pulled over 5 miles down the road. I won.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Whatever dude, call it what you want. I was there, you weren't. If anybody was intimidated it was the guy in the Vette.

My dick wasn't hurt when he passed me and I didn't get pulled over 5 miles down the road. I won.
Didn't say you didn't come out on top, just used what you said :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.