Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I generally haunt SC, but these forums seem to offer what SC doesn't so I joined. Anway, I've had my 99 9-3 for a bit over 2 years now and have T5 suited it to around stage 3+, but it's down ATM while I wait for a Gt28, injectors, and a 3 bar map. That said, I'm in Newburyport Ma and I'm looking for a rent-a-bay or equivalent( college auto shop?) in the North of Boston region.
I was hoping amongst the large group of Mass. peeps on here that someone knew of a good place.
I do know of the upcoming event on Jan 8th, but cannot make that.
Thanks,
-Cm

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
So you're just looking "driveway space"? Pretty sure that there's a few people on here from N. Boston.

Side note: my roomate from college is from Newburyport. Lived with him for about 3 years.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a driveway, but working on a car in the cold is honestly one of my least favorite things to do...probly less preferable than licking a public toilet seat.:shock:
-Cm

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know of a very good rent a bay in troy, Ny, which is as close to you in SoNY as it is to me in NE Ma. I used to live there, both in the literal and proverbial sense. It belongs to RPI and is 5 bucks for a bay and $15 for the lift. Good people and any tool you could ever need ever.
-Cm

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the link!

Working in the cold sucks - but if you dress for the weather and have a portable heater it's less of a bitch. An indoor garage is nice, but sometime you still need to provide the heat remember.

Good Luck on your search - wish I had a way to help you out.

(anyone else notice that CM452's post count is showing "0" on all posts?)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did that last year.
It was in the low teens
and I had to replace my clutch master in a 3 sided garage. I had a space heater and a fan to move the tepid air over my iced self (literally ice on my jacket near my mouth). I have inflamed joints from rock climbing and the cold sets them off hardcore.
-Cm

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
(anyone else notice that CM452's post count is showing "0" on all posts?)
Off topic, right?

Cm, I'm with you on working in the cold. I have had far too many bad experiences with this car on frigid days that required me to brave the cold...now I'm hard-pressed to do any sort of car work (even too lazy to pull spark plugs) in between October and April.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Through ninja skills and overwhelming dread of working in the cold I acquired a looong list of every technical school, club, organization, and association that has or potentially has a shop. Now the calls:rolleyes:
Dunno, might be worth it to throw an oil pressure gauge on it and risk the 3hr drive to the familiar one:confused:
I'll start making calls tomorrow and feedback here-hopefully others can save themselves the trouble.
-Cm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.