Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my names Liz and I have an Imola Red 1999 9-3 convertible. I have been looking to join something like this for a while. I am really into cars and I really want to make alot of modifications to my saab. The problem is no one around me has a hooked up saab or know much about them to help me with. So I am really excited because I am looking for parts and advice. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Do you guys ever go to saab meets or shows ??

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Glad your here Liz!! Welcome.

For any performance Saab parts, I'd first check Eric's website: http://www.lehigh.edu/~erp4/Saab.html . Although its specificlly for the NG900, it will give a good idea as to where to start. Also check out www.genuinesaab.com . Thats a good place to find good, uptodate high-performance parts for your 9-3.

You can also look around at anyone's website (if they have one). They usually show good pictures, and ideas for mods. Check out the TSL Member's Pictures page located at the bottom of the main forum page.

As far as shows, I don't know of anyone that takes their Saab to shows. I am however preparting to go to USAC this summer in St. Louis and am getting my 96 900 SE Turbo ready for it. I have ALOT of work to do

Have a look around the site, and see what you like. For what your looking for u'd want to pay particular attention to the NG900/9-3 forums.

I hope this helps, and its good to have someone thats also into the Show Scene ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU !! Thats alot of help, I am just getting started on the sabb I have now, I just got this saab, I use to have the older 9000 sedan. Have you done anything to your turbo ?? Upgrades ?? I am thinking about waste gate and turbo timer, but I am not sure if its the right saab to do it on. I might just go for looks on this one.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Check out my website. It shows everything i've done so far.

A turbo timer I heard isn't necessary. In fact with the fact that you need to have the car in reverse to remove the key, we can't use a timer. A new wasegate is only necessary if you plan to upgrade your turbo.

Here's the link to my site: http://www.cardomain.com/id/blaque_out

You'd probably want to start with the basics for performance upgrades. Im sure you know the basics, but here's a rundown:

Intake and Filter
MBC( Manual Boost Controller)
Upgraded Bypass Valve
3" Downpipe w/ 3" Catback Exhuast

After that comes an Upgraded ECU and Intercooler.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3" exhaust would be a little too loud for me, but your right about the timer, I think I am just going to do the blow off valve.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have to get rid of that turbo silencer ... anyone else do any turbo upgrades ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone help me ... I got a viggen front bumper for my saab 9-3 convertible and I need the side skirts and back bumper now to complete the mod, except other than dealerships I can't find them. I am ok with them painted, unpainted, painted wrong color. Anyone know where I can get them ??

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome Liz,
I to am from CT, 1989 9000 CD, 1991 9000 CD, 1988 900S, 1986 900, 1972 96 V4….. and a couple two-three more. :wink:
Anyway there seems to be many Connecticut Saab people looking for "others" There is a forming chapter of NESA (New England Saab Association) Here in CT but it's just starting to get off the ground.
I usually host some sort of gathering each year and attend many events on this side of the country.

http://www.Saab-Stuff.com

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Look!! A Female! :lol: :p Hey - welcome aboard, you're our second Female member! The other doesn't post here very often, she's going the way of Alternate Fuel cars.... :ugh: anyways - glad to see a new member. Got any pics yet of the beast? An easy way to open your Saab up power wise is through the exhaust and intake. If it can breathe more air with less constrictions, she will run much faster.
Also - DeLorean and I just finished hosting a Saab Meet here in PA - you can see the pics in the Off-Topic section. Hope to see some pics shortly of your Saab!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys ... I only have a few pics on this computer and of my snaab, I don't drive it in the winter I baby it. In my profile I have a website link of a detail I did on it last summer before the winter. My boyfriend is the CEO of a moble detailing company and I did some of the work this summer. I am glad to hear there are others in CT, when the weather gets warmer lets def put something togther. I have dyno connections in Long Island and I know alot about professional high end car detailing. My plans for the summer are intake, BOV, and a viggen bumper/side skirt conversion, and some rims. So if anyone sees a viggen back bumper or side skirts I am looking ....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
whoa burnsside, she is the second female? who is the first?

welcome to the site by the way, you seem to know your stuff, and what it takes to make it go fast, i wish there were girls like you around near me, lol.

~justin

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why thank you, as a girl in the car scene alot of time you don't get noticed or you do not get any credit .. thanks :D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Awesome!!
last summer when i was up in New England areas, i noticed that nearly every driveway in CT has another saab in it
But it sounds like you have some things ready to go for your 9-3
as for bumpers, try junkyards in your area that may have wrecked viggens, but the body kit is outrageously expensive from dealerships, i heard 1200 quoted for the whole thing

Good luck with everything!

Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah especially where I am from, everyone has a saab or volvo, thats how I came up with my funny plate ... SNAAB ... because all the saab owners around here buy the car for the price tag and status, not whats under the hood or for the enjoyment.

Yeah I have my body guy who works at car actions looking, junkyards and parts places hardly see those and if they do there gone, there is nothing on ebay ... I want one so bad !!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alot of you guys have asked for pictures ... I don't know where else to post them and this is all I have on this comp. right now ...

·
10,303 Posts
You asked about events, I'm hosting a meet and drive around Central NY, check the events and off topic sections.

Welcome to the site. I am too doing a Viggen body mod. I was able to pick up the sideskirts from Goldwing, an all Saab recycler nearby. I agree dealer prices are awfully high, but it always happens that the part you want, gets smashed up in the accident, so junkyards are hit and mis.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you, detailing is important to me, I detail cars professionally, my boyfriend is the CEO of a moble detailing company out near the Haptons.

Yes, I am definatly interested in the evnts going on. I am in the car business and scene all the time with my job and I never see any saab owners, so def keep me posted on your event.

Thanks guys ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts