Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Randomly found this website and I was amazed. I currently drive a 93' 9000 CSE and OH DO I LOVE IT. Before that I had a '87 Corolla FX (not that that car compares anyways :p ) and I absolutely love my Saab... Cant work to have the money I need to work on this beast!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No mods yet. Still working on getting the car on tip top shape. For example I have a small leak in my fuel tank but I def do smoke the civics. The car is automatic but they cant handle turbo :p

And for pictures... Here you go :D

The seats are ripped but all it is is that the seams had came out Lol

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Being an FX and not an FX-16, the Corolla's a 4AC car, right? They're pretty fun to toss around, regardless of engine. A bunch of my friends have old Corollas, both FWD and RWD. They're all fun in their own ways. I had an '87 FX-16 for a short time. It was rusty but amusing. The 4AGE rocks in the fun department.

Also... Why the mismatched wheels on the 9k?

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah bro the FX is mine. Was my first car and I want to keep it but having both cars is something I can't do right now and yeah your right 4ACE. Sohc 1.6 8v.. Love that little car wish I can keep it.. Why there are mismatch wheels I have no idea bought it like that. Going to get new tires and new wheels. 3 Spoke baby!!

Also thanks for the welcome guys :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice 9000. Its good to see people still getting excited a new (to them) SAAB
Well Saab I think where ahead of there time and looking at my car it doesnt even look like a '93. Its funny how people Tell me "Wow Nice ride, what is it?" I tell them its a Saab and there like Saab? Whats that LOL

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome - nice 9000! Ditch that steering wheel cover and locate a newer leather 9000 wheel :) Those early airbag wheels are nasty. I may have one I could sell you soon!
Let me know bro because I cant stand that steering wheel ha ha and also, I sent you a message don't think you got it but Ill copy and paste what I sent

"Hey BurnsSide! I've been reading your post and you obviously know your stuff! I have a question. I want to get a aftermarket fan. I live in Florida and the stock fan is not cooling well enough. Motor gets pretty hot above normal. Any suggestions?"

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
How is the engine temp reading? You may have the fan coming on too often to make up for a poorly working cooling system - IE - new thermostat, cooling system flush and a new coolant temp sensor may help the car become a little more efficient. If your coolant fan however is in poor shape, it is possible a replacement fan could be in order (check to be sure all the blades are intact and not broken either). Make sure the radiator too is not deteriorating or blocked - as poor air flow will also cause problems with the cooling system. The OEM system really shouldn't be under and real strain in FL... I'll put along in stop and go traffic with mine here in PA in 100*+ weather and my coolant temp never even comes close to 1/2 way usually. I run the Saab blue coolant in my car - 60% Coolant to 40% distilled water.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Welcome aboard, Train! I had the same reactions when i bought my first new-to-me Saab 29 years ago: 1974 99 LE.

Been driving 'em ever since. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well my temp reads over the 1/2 way mark pretty close to read but no there yet. The radiator I know was switch out new not that long ago so I dont think that is a problem. Ill expect the fan further more tomorrow with some sun light lol... But if I do need to get a new fan where should I go to search for one?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts