Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shock: :shock:

Well I went to see Meet the Fockers on December 31st and after the movie was over I pulled out of my parking spot. I then proceeded to wait to exit my parking row I was hit in the rear by some kid reversing to get a parking spot. He was driving a '95 Honda Accord. And fortunately, I was lucky. No damage other than a small scrape on the bumper and piece above the bumper.

His car on the other hand, well take a look:

Note that white area above is where he removed the bumper brush guard that was falling off.

Since my car was at an angle sort of trying to exit the parking row to the right when he backed up, he was in our lane, and just brushed by my driver's side bumper. Causing damage all along his driver's door, and the passenger door on the driver's side. He said it had pre-damage before he bought it, but it was fully repaired. Said the whole door was bondoed or something. I checked the VIN and it had a junk title issued and then it was rebuilt and the kid just bought it in July of this year. Cheap ass made Hondas :D . I am happy my car is fine. Although I hope he comes clean with his insurance company and doesn't lie and say it's my fault. He backed into me. In fact he was so far over in my lane that people were passing him on his right after we got out :lol: . :shock:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
dude, that sucks, but luckily your car didn't get damaged to badly

~justin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Rob. I hope everything turns out alright.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I don't know which i hate worse, SUV and oversized truck drivers or kids with hondas', One drives a big truck to match thier ego and to compensate for smaller things, or kids who drive small hondas' to match thier I.Q. as well as thier common sense.
But in all glad to the damage to your car was not bad, it's good to see the bumbers do thier job and protect the body of the car as well as dish out some angst, :twisted:
Damn rain always comes after I was my car
Any rain beats a foot of snow

By the way just gotta say, Nice Legs!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comment.

:lol: Those are my girlfriend's legs, she was copying down the VIN number.

So far I have not heard anything from his insurance company, and nothing from my insurance company. For some reason I agreed to go to a local repair shop to get an estimate for my "damage". After washing my car I realized that the scrape was pretty small, so they will be quoting me to buff it out. Better than replacing a door panel or something :shock:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
adidas_007 said:
I don't know which i hate worse, SUV and oversized truck drivers or kids with hondas', One drives a big truck to match thier ego and to compensate for smaller things,
i just want to ask do u actually think this is true?????? :evil: :evil: :evil:

what makes u think they just dont 4 wheel them.....

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
ricot83 said:
adidas_007 said:
I don't know which i hate worse, SUV and oversized truck drivers or kids with hondas', One drives a big truck to match thier ego and to compensate for smaller things,
i just want to ask do u actually think this is true?????? :evil: :evil: :evil:

what makes u think they just dont 4 wheel them.....
Fewer than 1/3 of all SUVs are ever driven offroad -- that's ever, as in even once, even to a campground. And GM's own focus group studies found that most SUV drivers bought the vehicles because they made them feel more powerful....the studies also found that SUV buyers tend to be "insecure and vain."

For some facinating reading, check out "High and Mighty" by Keith Bradsher, which got copies of the automakers' own research and quoted the personality studies of SUV drivers:
"They are frequently nervous about their marriages and uncomfortable about parenthood. They often lack confidence in their driving skills. Above all, they are apt to be self-centered and self-absorbed, with little interest in their neighbors and communities. They are more restless, more sybaritic, and less social than most Americans are. They tend to like fine restaurants a lot more than off-road driving, seldom go to church and have limited interest in doing volunteer work to help others."

Remember: this isn't from Greenpeace, or the Sierra Club. This is from GM...

(NOTE: I'm not your typical treehugger. I've owned three full-size Jeep Grand Wagoneers, the big beasts with the aerodynamics of a concrete block that got about 11 mpg....downhill. They're great cars, and if I could convert one to biodiesel, I'd buy another in a minute....)

/end threadjack.....

Rob, glad to hear your damage wasn't too bad, and I hope you got to celebrate the new year in style!

·
Registered
299 Posts
stevehayes01 said:
Hey since your car is pretty much ok how about more pics of the girlfriend there???? Joking.... kind of.... :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforum/viewtopic.php?t=1040 :D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok Back to the topic. I just got an estimate today from a local collision center recommended by my insurance. $462.29 total for this damage.

God that seems like a lot! I knew those damn insurance claims places scam the hell out of you to get tons of insurance claim money. Damnit...

But since it was his fault I might just charge him. But I think I might just buy that panel off ebay. :lol:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE!

UPDATE. Well I just received a check in the mail from the other guy's insurance company for half the quoted damage on my vehicle, for $231.35. They decided no one was at fault, so we each paid 50% of the damage, but our rates did not go up luckily. Which was good. But anyways, this check is free money since I already replace the panel that was scratched by his car. So what should I get??

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
A new car!!! :lol:

Im sorry man.. you just set yourself up for that one :lol: :lol:

How about this.. you give me that check. I turn around and use it to pay for the shipping of your Viggen rims to my address. 8)

·
Registered
392 Posts
haha, i say get either that piper-x universal ram air intake, new "header," or 2.5" exhaust from the cat back to your aftermarket muffler

·
Registered
979 Posts
How bout going with all new bushings from genuine saab, along with their rear sway bar, that would be a great addition and be about that price range, I had originally thought a short shifter but I saw that you have an auto on your site.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts