Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello.

If you frequent any of the other sites I'm sure you have seen me around. Anyways, glad to join and hope we can bounce some good ideas off of each other, I'm always eager to learn.

I have a HOT 1999 9-3. This time tomorrow I will have the only SQR stage IV in the U.S. For anyone up-to -date with my project, I have all the hardware plus plus plus plus installed running on the stock ECU. Tomorrow I will install the first revision of the Stage IV ECU, but it is only tuned to ~80%. Frank Stromqvist will be out in Colorado within the next ten weeks to fully tune the car and bring it up to and estimated 330 HP, could be upto 350HP. Anyone in the Colorado area interested in having Frank tune you car contact me, I'll arrange a time for you.

Click the link and checkout my site, it's still under construction but you'll get the idea.
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/495489

Keep Saab'n

·
Administrator
668 Posts
IM in VA... IM VERRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY intrested in having him tune my car. Does he ever come around here? or would I have to drive out there?

VERRY VERRRRRY nice car btw... I envy you

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome Welcome!!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Woa good to have you here. How exactly can the rest of us get that kinda power through SQR. Im sure he won't be able to personally come to all our places and get it done.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boxerchip said:
IM in VA... IM VERRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY intrested in having him tune my car. Does he ever come around here? or would I have to drive out there?

VERRY VERRRRRY nice car btw... I envy you
Thanks for the kind welcoming.

Franks visits the U.S. about five times a year. Unfortunately he was in Bean town (Boston) last weekend, you just missed him.

Unless you have done serious work to your airflow, turbo or internals, a custom ECU is not necessary. Contact Bo @ www.engstrom.net for all SQR ECU upgrades through the basics (exhaust, intake, intercooler, etc.)

Obviously my application is not basic and that's why he programmed the first ECU at ~80% peak. Frank must see the thing in person before he is able to bring it up to the full potential.

I leave tomorrow for a big vacation (4 weeks) and can't wait to get the car on the road. I'll report back once the kinks have been worked out and expect to see the dyno sheets around the end of April.

Once again, thanks for all the kind words.

P.S. Black, good to hear from you, we've gone back and forth on a few of the other forums. To answer your question, one of the reasons I have been working with Frank and Bo is so they will be able to offer a "standard" Stage 4 upgrade good for about 305 HP. There are lots of people waiting anxiously on our results. All that is included in the kit that will be offered is a HighPerformance airfilter, 3" Down Pipe, Intercooler, Ball Bearing Turbo, Green Giant Fuel Injectors, custom FPR, and the magic software. Once we have finished my car Bo will offer the Stage 4 kit to anyone with the $$$. Keep your ear to the ground and lots of cash in you account and by summer this should be widely available.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
How much did that Jet Hot dipping run you for the whole system?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts