Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm paul, been around the other saab sites, figured i'd check this one out.

my current ride is a 1991 900T16 that just destroyed its transmission (i like to blame the car, not my abusive driving) and is awaiting a fresh used one.

here's a pic

theres also a few more pics on my site www.agilenickel.com

Paul

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hey welcome to the site, always nice having new people. Sorry about the car, just got my tranny replaced also. Bought it with second gear not working.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh i'm used to it by now, i got the car for $500 from the original owner back in august 2003 with a bad trans and i half-assed it with a '87 900 trans for the winter (had a parts car around). 14psi of boost and a few thousand miles later and viola, transmission soup :lol: .

hopefully this trans will last for a few more months :roll: , i'm gonna try to be kinder to it, and its also a '90 trans so it should be stronger.

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
oh man - not another c900 tranny thrasher!! :lol: You and DeLorean sound much alike.... lol Welcome aboard man! Talk to DeLorean - he's on HIS #3 trans. Get a late 90's c900 Turbo 5 speed box. They are one of the better ones. Where do you live? If you're in or near PA we can hook you up with finding you one. :idea:

Also - very very nice c900!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey welcome to the site...nice look C900 ya got there 8)

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thanks for the compliments on the ride :D .

and as for the trans, thanks for the offer, i might take you up on that in a few months, but i have one that i bought the other week from a guy in maine that i just need to get off my lazy ass and install.

i assume you PA folks are going to carlisle this month? if so i'll see you there. I'm in NY so its not a bad drive to PA.

Paul

·
Administrator
668 Posts
nice saab. and welcome to the site

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
it's May 21-23 in the town of Carlisle. I can't go Friday (21st) cause I have my senior Prom that night, but I'll make it a strong effort to be there and on time Sat.... should be interesting :lol:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
BurnsSide42 said:
Get a late 90's c900 Turbo 5 speed box. They are one of the better ones.
Damn fool you are. :wink:
what - cause I said late 90's c900?? lol they were tho - the last c900 are late 90's :lol: early 90's is like 90-92 and late 90's c900 is like 92-94 :p

·
7,595 Posts
haha, saw this old post after looking for last years carlisle posts... aaaw, one of Paul H's first posts? :wink:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

figured this was fitting since you brought this back.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts