Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in to say HI. I also post on other Saab boards with other names. I have an '01 Viggen, my real name is Steve, I live in Urbana, MD.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait, let me dig through my bookshelf and get my german to english dictionary :D

Here's a pic of my car:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Looking good!!! Welcome to the site 8)

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Hi Steve...welcome!

I've been following your posts on Saabnet and I feel for ya! Let us know how the rebuild goes!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should have the new (used) motor in by Tuesday. Rebuilt one will be done, well, ??

·
Administrator
668 Posts
hey, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:
So you are going to have a used Viggen motor just lying around? 8)
The original motor - blew a piston, but cylinder bore looks good. This engine will go through a rebuild(forged pistons), goal is 330hp at the wheels.

I bought a used Viggen motor (12k mi) that included a tranny and turbo(now I have spares). I'm dropping that motor in the car in the meantime so I can drive the car and have a backup when I blow something else up.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
NVigR8 said:
Tweek's Turbos said:
So you are going to have a used Viggen motor just lying around? 8)
The original motor - blew a piston, but cylinder bore looks good. This engine will go through a rebuild(forged pistons), goal is 330hp at the wheels.

I bought a used Viggen motor (12k mi) that included a tranny and turbo(now I have spares). I'm dropping that motor in the car in the meantime so I can drive the car and have a backup when I blow something else up.
Are you going to change the compression at all on the new pistons?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't made a final decision on that one yet but its looking like I'm gonna lower it somewhat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts