Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, Im new to the forum. I (very) recently got back behind the wheel of a Saab, and man does it feel right. I bought (after selling my POS American car for way more money than it was worth) a 1998 900 S turbo 3-door. I did a little research and I guess that it was a commemorative edition from Saab for 20 years of turbo cars. That being said, having a 900s with a turbo is a little unusual, so I was hoping that I could get some input about my motor specs, like which turbo does it have (T7?) etc.

I am also wondering if anyone could shed some light on the CD changer in the hatch that doesn't want to eject (it makes noises like its going to but nothing happens) and when you press the CD button on the dash nothing happens. Although that may be because there arent any CDs in it. I am planing on replacing the HU anyway, but until then I would like to have more options than the crappy radio stations in my area (plus half of them get completely staticy when I turn on the rear defroster :rolleyes:). Any help would be great.

The only thing that drives my crazy about this car is the stupid shift up light. It goes on any time I am driving over 2k RPMs. WTF, I mean come on, I dont even think about shifting until 3k or 3500 RMPs. Is there anyway to disconnect it or something?

Thanks so much for everyone's input!
Saab Sweatheart

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Your car is a t5, t7s have black DICs... Short of replacing your cd changer i doubt theres much you can do(i have a working cd changer if your interested)... You can get a casette adapter that plugs into an mp3 player to listen to music other than radio...
And to get rid of the upshift light youd have to remove the dashboard then the speedometer and remove the bulb

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks WSW for the info. Im going to replace the HU really soon so I will probably go with the cassette adapter until then cuz its cheap.

As for taking out the dash and speedo that seems a little daunting for me. I dont want to screw anything up. Is there a tutorial or is it fairly easy to explain/do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts