Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Won a RED 4 Door Automatic Turbo ng900 for my mom tonite off e-bay - Black Leather seats - auto (she won't drive manual) and it's at 120,000 miles - winning auction price - $2192.55 :p

e-bay auction link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=4500342830&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Pictures:

And what my body guy says is an easy and cheap fix - the worst part on the car:

Overall - I think it should turn out to be a VERY nice car for my mom - and of course - new rims will be a must in a year once it proves it'self reliable - and also future "light" mods :p

So now between my mom and myself we own 3 Saabs - 1 9000T 1 SPG and 1 ng900 - all turbos
8) :p

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Nice, THANK GOD its not an NA! :wink:

hehe just messin wiff ya....

looks cool...engine could use a little elbow grease! :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Great deal. That's what mine looked liked when I started with it, except for the body damage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
An excellent buy, far better than my '96 900S @ $2.5K
The body damage is a place where rust originates - have your body man be very careful, maybe it is possible to stop it with astute body work.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well - went to the DEALER today - first off - anyone who knows Ardmore Nissan - stay away! What a crappy dealership - anyways - still getting the car - totals after tax's and tags come out to $2565 - ouch - damn dealers - needs 4 tires, an alignment - and that body work. Also needs a key copy made to have 2 keys - Dealer won't drop the price, won't give it a free alignment or even a battery for the remote entry... cheap bastards. Anyways - we are picking it up tomorrow - so NOW i gotta look up some good CHEAP 16" tires - it has 205/50/15 on it now - Yokohama's or w/e they are. Rears are limited tread - fronts are dry rotted and one has a bubble. Minor things really - but still more money we hafta lay out on it. Also will needs all fluids flushed and changed. Oil looks oldish - trans is gettin burnt - and coolant - well - why not. Drove fine other then the off-set alignment - but should make a nice car in the end. WIll post pictures later - only took a couple.

For new tires - would 205/55-16 fit??
HR Speed Rated Price Each: $60 each
Total: $240.00 (before tax and shipping)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok - Car is ours and the work it needs is already stacking up :shock: Fucking Dealers don't fix shit....

OK - now it needs a head gasket (I seem to enjoy doing these or something)
The head is leaking at the bottom right corner - about 1/2 a coolant tank a day maybe... given we've owned it less then 24 hors I can't say that's 100% true. I was suggest to try some block sealer as a temp cure - may try that to buy a few months.

Next up - tires - needs 4 for sure. waiting to find out if the 205/55/16 will fit - anyone know??

Also needs the minor body repairs and perhaps brakes - not sure on the brakes yet.

Needs to have all it's fluids flushed and changed. Other then that - will make a nice car once all this is done and behind us.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Burnside, this time I will defend the dealer, a little.. They exist only to make money, and lots of it.. Service ?? Another way of making money..

Greed will probably be the undoing of our nation..

Here you are buying the car at near cost - and you expect things for free ??
Get real ! I believe you did well for yourself. The very same car at a dealer may have an asking price of $6 grand !!

And it is foolish indeed to want "cheap" new tires !
The Saab is no economy car - expect to pay $100 to 150 for decent tires..

Yes, the taxes, tags and fees are high. Our legislators will do nothing about it,( expect buy another election); if people complain they will just increase them again..

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Believe me - I KNOW the dealership is in it for the money - why else would they sell cars? Anyways - they really were dicks about things - and pretty much were pissed I bet cause they didn't get nearly what they hoped for - but then again - after I've looked over the car and have driven it a little more - they got a MORE then fair price. 4 GOOD tires are going to run us near $400 shipped - plus brakes (I think it may need that) the Head Gasket kit (when i do it) is another $50 - Oil - Trans Flush and coolant FLush add up too. But after all is said - it is a 120,000 mile car - it's in relatively decent shape - and once all the work is done - should be good for another 150,000 no problem. So over the next 2-4 months I am going to try and get it all done in order of most to least important. Least important as of now is the body... but it DOES need to get fixed before RUST happens...

Does anyone know if the 205/55/16's will fit or not????

·
Registered
556 Posts
I bid on that car, I bid 1601 lol. Needs some work but looks like a nice car.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:
Yes 205/55/16 will fit. 8)
SWEET!!!! - ordering the tires this week! Saves my parents about $150! Good to know - about time you chimed in Tweek's :p :twisted:

spgdude said:
I bid on that car, I bid 1601 lol. Needs some work but looks like a nice car.
about what it's truely worth if you ask me - $2000 tops :roll: oh well, still nice - and will be even better once I get some work done to it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1997 Saab ng900SE 2.0L Turbo Parts List:

www.eeuroparts.com
Front Pads: $46.90
Rear Pads: $26.90
Front Rotors: $59.88 (each)
Rear Rotors: $49.90 (each)
Head gasket kit: $53.90
TOTAL: $347.26 without rotors total: $127.70

www.tirerack.com
205/55VR16 Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 (4) - $64 per. Total shipped: $285.80

Overall Parts Total: $633.06
So far ONLY the tires have been ordered.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here's the break down of the "same" parts for the SPG (1989)

1989 Saab 900 SPG 2.0L Turbo Parts List:

www.eeuroparts.com
Front Pads: $30.49
Rear Pads: $26.68
Front Rotors: $34.90 (each)
Rear Rotors: $25.90 (each)
Head gasket kit: $37.48
TOTAL: $216.25 without rotors total: $94.65

www.tirerack.com
205/50WR15 Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 (4) - $60 per. Total shipped: $268.78

Overall Parts Total: $485.03
[/u]