Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

After doing a lot of research of the Saab Clarion US-head units and accessories i decided to create a webpage for everybody to see. The different models are shown, schematics, videos when running and soon also manuals and brochures. (i would still appreciate help with making pdfs with the manuals!!)

Please give me feedback and/or corrections!

Saab Clarion Audio System MY86-95

//Henrik

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very cool. I didn't know that Saab offered the same units in different countries/continents.

I may have the units to provide some of the missing images. I'll check this week, great job!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hawww.. I've got about half of the Clarion units on your site.
Hey! they were too good to throw out.. back then.
Now they are, other than period correct for some old crock, completely useless.
Tape cassettes? Might as well be 8 tracks. or 78 rpm records :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My webpage is updated!

- Manual for MY92 added
- FAQ section added (please help me come up with more ideas for pictures)
- PartnumberList added
- Some more component pictures added (rear cd-changer etc)

If you can get me pictures of the missing parts and also the audio equipment manuals that would be awsome! Especially audio manusl for MY86-87 since i have none.

//Henrik

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many many updates since last i wrote,

Added MY84-85 for one thing.. Check it out ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am an old crock that likes to see the original head unit in a nice car. And you can set it up to tune in an iPod with the right stuff from Target.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added a "readers own pictures" section so please go ahead and send me pictures of the Saab Clarion installations in your vehicles!! E-mail can be found in the bottom of the webpage!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updates!

2012-11-22:
- Added MY87 manual
- Added reader pictures
- Added MY92 brochure image
- Updated partnumber list with MY87

2012-11-21:
- Added MY92-94 jumper cap images + schematic

2012-11-20:
- Added Links section

2012-11-19:
- Added MY86-87 video (YouTube)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome work! I need to see if I can find the information that came with the mast antenna that I bought to replace the stock Harada power antenna that Saab used on U.S. cars. The fixed mast antenna was made by Allgon for Saab and might fit well on your webpage. It has a Saab logo and came with a little Saab logo wrench to remove the mast. There's one of those little wrenches on fleabay right now.

My first Saab, the '87 900S, had the no-knob radio and I remember driving through the desert in Arizona at night while receiving an AM Stereo station. This receiver was able to decode broadcasts that used Motorola C-Quam AM stereo. I think that's what it was called.

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated with MY85 manual and partnumbers! And ive tried searching on the partnumbes on Google and they point to my site.. Very good if someone finds something in the garage and wonders what its for :)

Paul: If you could find some pictures, it would be great. I believe we had the same antennas here in Europe, so maybe i should look over here aswell. Nice story about the AM :) I actually never tried AM-radio, we dont have it here. What is the advantage/disadvantage? Longer range?

BR,
Henrik

1 - 11 of 11 Posts