Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my dad replaced his '96 Jeep Cherokee with a '99 GMC Sierra 1500 SL. It has a 4.8l V8 293.3 ci about 300BHP and 305ish ft-lbs torque. Awesome truck, no rust, and 117,000 miles!! Plus it has a sweet bed cover and towing package.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Be glad you have the v8. Mine is the v6, and although its incredible in the snow, it takes a little more strategy to tow. It can still tow a fair amount though:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Nice truck. My dad's company had 2 of these (only in Silverado form). They were work horses! Both were the king cab. One had flowmasters on it, and a big light bar on top that they used as one of their lead trucks for over sized loads. That one met it's end after it was clipped by a Buick at speed and rolled. Not sure what happened to the other one.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Excellent!

I myself am looking to buy a diesel full size truck. I love the look of the chevys 2001+, but it is so hard to find a duramax 6 speed manual with four wheel drive. Looks like i'll have to settle for a cummins ;)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you need me to mail up some real stars and bars from the South?
Haha nope that's ok man. ;-)

This is a great truck, I drove it for the first time today. It's beast in the snow. (we had a 12+ inch storm in Maine today) it took it on like a champ!! No real options except for the bed cover and alloy wheels and I guess the 4.8l V8 is an engine option. Upgrades to come include a bed liner (Herculiner or Rinoliner etc.) and possibly a light bar or some sort of steel frame behind the rear window I think you guys know what I'm talking about, and possibly a sport exhaust system. If we can get around Maine's new *EXHAUST CAN'T BE ANY LOUDER THAN STOCK* law. :mad: haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts