Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Beautiful! Was this the one for sale for only $1500 on NH/VT craigslist? If so, you got a steal! Now you just have to throw that 3" SS on there and you'll really be cooking. Good luck with her.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it was the one on CL. I picked that up, along with a rotted out turd '96 Aero 5-spd parts car in NH this weekend.

They came with a T25. Standard CSE powerplant with Aero appearance. I'm very pleased, but more importantly, so is my wife. She didn't care much for the staged Aero with 3" exhaust. Liked driving it, but she really likes the CSE and how smooth / quiet it is. Jury is still out on whether the anniversary cars got Aero suspension. I'll compare color codes on the springs at some point. It certainly feels mooshy compared to the Aero though. Has 194k, and was female-owned from 49,000 miles until I got it. Its got a skeleton or two in the closet, and needs a some little things fixed (boost gauge, dome light, etc.), but rides excellent, runs great, shifts smooth, has new tires, etc. Couldn't be happier.

Anniversary in the front....parts Aero in the back. ewwww..

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Ah, the Sheep in Wolf's clothing. Very nice.

I didn't know the seats were embossed with that logo. Nice touch, Saab.
It would have been really nice to include the Aero seats in the 97 CSE, yet the seats are cool nontheless

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! Nice find!
Thanks.....

Sorry for leading you astray when you posted it up in the Craigslist thread. I did speak with the guy, and someone was scheduled to pick it up that day. Me. I wanted to make damn sure I ended up with the car, or at least the chance to turn it down if it ended up being a turd. :cool:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
lol - it's ok - I went looking at an 08' 9-3 Combi tonight - almost bought it. I will call them back tomorrow and lay my offer down on the table. It's "cheap" but not cheap enough. This way I can keep driving old 9000's and the mrs. get's a newer car w/ a warranty. Means less aggravation for me in the end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts