Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there -

Has anyone encountered an issue in where your new rear brake pads are too thick? I’m replacing the rotors and pads on my ‘91 900S Convertible, and cannot get things back together on account of this (apparent) issue. I’m no stranger to brake jobs, and have all of the correct tools for the job. Calipers are in good shape and move freely, with seals fully intact. With bleeder valve released, I’m able to use my piston compressor to fully retract the pot. There is a negative ~3mm clearance problem with the rotor, and that is with the silencers removed. The rotor measures to be exactly the same as the one that came off the car (Bendix brand).

Pads are Bosch BP322 (F 03B 075 221).

Can someone provide any information as to if this is a known issue, or what pads are considered guaranteed to fit?

Thanks in advance!
-Greg in Orinda, CA-

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered these in April and installed them on my 91 900 SE. Initially i thought it was too thick but I was able to get them on.

Hi there -

Has anyone encountered an issue in where your new rear brake pads are too thick? I'm replacing the rotors and pads on my '91 900S Convertible, and cannot get things back together on account of this (apparent) issue. I'm no stranger to brake jobs, and have all of the correct tools for the job. Calipers are in good shape and move freely, with seals fully intact. With bleeder valve released, I'm able to use my piston compressor to fully retract the pot. There is a negative ~3mm clearance problem with the rotor, and that is with the silencers removed. The rotor measures to be exactly the same as the one that came off the car (Bendix brand).

Pads are Bosch BP322 (F 03B 075 221).

Can someone provide any information as to if this is a known issue, or what pads are considered guaranteed to fit?

Thanks in advance!
-Greg in Orinda, CA-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts