Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got in my new quiafe 6 speed gear-sets today. They look very cool with lots of changes in the shafts and bearings and the teeth are huge, about twice as big as the oem box. The end cap is cool too.

Some pics,

John

Attachments

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whoooa. So ng900 and og93 can possibly be 6 speed now? :]
Yes, these will fit in the 9k, the ng900, the 93og and the new gen 93ss and the 95.

Engineering is great, product is high quality, cost is high, 4500usd right now. One thing is I think Erickson charges about 3500usd for a stock rebuild of the 9k tranny. This is only a little more than that, the biggest thing is it should be the last tranny you ever need for the car and it could go from 9k to 93 to 95, etc.

The performance is awesome, 45-50mph first gear, second gear right behind it so when you shift, you are in the sweet spot right away, then blast through the gears and cruise at 85mph at 2700rpm. Top speed with higher rev limit at 219mph.

John

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yes, these will fit in the 9k, the ng900, the 93og and the new gen 93ss and the 95.

Engineering is great, product is high quality, cost is high, 4500usd right now. One thing is I think Erickson charges about 3500usd for a stock rebuild of the 9k tranny. This is only a little more than that, the biggest thing is it should be the last tranny you ever need for the car and it could go from 9k to 93 to 95, etc.

The performance is awesome, 45-50mph first gear, second gear right behind it so when you shift, you are in the sweet spot right away, then blast through the gears and cruise at 85mph at 2700rpm. Top speed with higher rev limit at 219mph.

John
so jealous... if i don't go to Australia this fall i'll use the money and buy one of those. what was the wait time on that?

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
It is definitely a nice piece, the problem is 4500 just gets you the gears. Then any smart person would have to spend another 1000 for an LSD, and probably atleast another 1-2000 on labor.

So in the end your looking at double the cost of any car itself that s being built

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
It is definitely a nice piece, the problem is 4500 just gets you the gears. Then any smart person would have to spend another 1000 for an LSD, and probably atleast another 1-2000 on labor.

So in the end your looking at double the cost of any car itself that s being built
Sometimes thats not the point.

Why do people put $2,500 worth of suspension on a $1,500 Jeep? I can think of many more examples.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Sometimes thats not the point.

Why do people put $2,500 worth of suspension on a $1,500 Jeep? I can think of many more examples.
x2. beat me to it man. anyone concerned with doing this has come to terms with flushing money down the toilet (albiet having a great deal of fun while doing it).

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That is a lot of dough. Sounds like it would be friggin' awesome, though.

Maybe once I'm rich and have money to throw away I'll invest in this.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
x2. beat me to it man. anyone concerned with doing this has come to terms with flushing money down the toilet (albiet having a great deal of fun while doing it).
When you have to worry about your trans at the point of an 18t that doesn't mean you have thrown your entire svings at a car and want a 7-8 thousand dollar gear box.

I guess I'm a little biased since other cars I own can have a 1000hppoof box for under 2 grand

1 - 20 of 42 Posts