Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
um not a big deal just nit picking....

if i open the site and it says 56 new posts..and i dont look through them all and i have to close the browser for some reason...i reopen the site and it says no new post...yah know what i meen...so i cant really tell whats new and whats old..the blue icon is grey.....so is there a way around this? besides not closing the window.....so if i have not accually read the post it stays unread?....

oh and i just realized that i am officially addicted to TSL...really though...i didnt go on for a couple of days (cold turkey) and i had horble withdrawls....oh the pain!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I understand the addiction. I check/read posts almost 4 times a day.

·
Registered
352 Posts
4 times a day....muahahahaha, most times when i check posts, nothing new has been posted

you can see i don't have much to do at work

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
The problem your referring to actually has to do with your personal cookie settings.

When you log in (or some people has it where your automatically logged in whenever you access the site), there is a query done that counts and lists all the new posts since you've last logged in.

Well for any reason that you are logged off (like when you close the browser, or in some cases open a new browser and log back in to the site), it resets the query and sees that there hasn't been any new posts since the last time you logged in.

I hope this makes sense.

Unfortunately I don't there's anything I can do about it on this end, but I will ask my webhost. IF this doesn't get fixed however, try using the scrolling "Latest Posts" links on the lower left of the portal page. It won't give you every post you missed, but it will give you at least the top ten.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts