Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nearing the end of the road on mods I can and am willing to do. Just installed the following new mods.

Sport transmission mount: It's a 20 minute job. It is impressive. Improved power transfer is noticable. Only slight negative is a small increase in cabin vibration when stopped. The improved power transfer makes this a small price to pay.

Poly Bushings for front anti roll bar: Another 20 minutes. Now every bushing on my car is poly. Can't say I notice a big difference, but haven't been to the mountains to challenge the suspension.

Steel Braided Teflon Brake Lines: This one took about an 1.5 hours. One of the originals was seized. Access to the rear lines is tight. The difference SHOCKED me. :shock: I have Zimmerman cross drilled rotors and Hawk High Performance Street Pads. With these brakelines almost all of the hydraulic pressure goes to the brake pistons. It is a huge improvement that takes a little time to adjust to. Highly recommended! :D

Blue Silicone Line for BPV: Mostly for cosmetic purpose, but also will improve thermal conditions. Looks really nice! Picture attached.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
can you give some more details on what is involved in the install of the tranny mount? skill level and tools and do you need a ramp or lift?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yeah is the tranny mount for manual or auto?
great mods! what brand are the lines?
i just got the arb bushings as well but havnt put them in....hope they do some good....
and do u have a list of mods somewhere i can look at....

oh and it looks like you have the new intake pipe (the cobra) i got that too (not installed :( ) is there a big differance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iwantaviggen asked about my mods. Here's a list:

Engine1. Stage 2 ECU (easy way to get real HP gain, but I waited until I improved suspension)

2. 3" delivery pipe (Speedparts) with Cat and 2-1/2" cat back (SAAB) - big time improvement in spool up

3. Abbott Turbo Inlet Pipe - not as dramatic as downpipe but helps at higher rpm/speed

4. Forge Stubby BPV - works well but not a big improvement over a working Bosch BPV

5. K&N Filter

6. Sport Auto Transmission Mount - no special tools or lift. I had a friend who's a pro do it in 20 minutes.

Chassis/Suspension
1. Eibach Pro-System - huge improvement in control with a nominal loss of comfort.

2. Six point subframe brace & strut tower brace - completely killed cowl shake and the last remnants of torque steer on my convertible. These are Great Mods for a convertible. Makes my 2002 more comparable to a 2004 from a cowl shake perspective. Surprisingly, improved comfort on rough roads too.

3. KIC Steering Brace - easy mod to reduce torque steer and improve control

4. 24 cm sway bar - helps the backend considerably

5. Poly bushings - have done all in front and rear. Tightens up everything.

6. Goodyear Eagle F1 D3 tires 215/45 - 17. Grip as well as the Pole 3's but much more comfortable and better in the rain. Best tire I've ever used.

7.Goodridge steel braided teflon brake lines - Shocked me, big improvement over OEM lines.

7. Abbott Support Frame Bearings - slight improvement over polys.

8. Hawk High Performance Street Brake Pads - similar to Green Pads in performance, but much easier on rotors

9. Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors - good performance at a good price. Look cool too!

Wish List
Affordable upgraded intercooler

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
sounds like a good list...just about evrything i am looking to put in my car, with some changes....

what i wanted to know was if his car was an auto or manual....and its auto

about the cowl shake..i saw a show that tested the bmw, volvo and saab verts and saab came out on top! so yours must be solid as hell!

good work!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iwantaviggen said: about the cowl shake..i saw a show that tested the bmw, volvo and saab verts and saab came out on top! so yours must be solid as hell!
Mine is quite solid now but cowl shake was significant before the mods. The 2004 convertibles have a new chassis with a massive subframe brace that is REALLY solid as hell. Unfortunately the 2004 also has a GM engine that IMHO isn't as good as the SAAB engine I have in my 2002 9-3 SE :roll: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts