Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello SaabLink folks. I'm a new member from Nova Scotia with several older and rather beat C900 models.
I used to frequent 'The Saab Network' until I went on Saab-hiatus for about 6 years. A friend had recommended SaabLink and so far you all seem like a great group.
Glad to be here and looking forward to using the collective knowledge.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Responding to BurnsSide42

Due to their age, the climate and previous owners' not caring, my 'fleet' has seen better days to say the least. But I've held on to the ones that rust hasn't killed yet. Pictures might be sad but I'll see what I can do.
I've only ever painted one over the years and haven't really done any mods or deviated from stock other than mixing 'n' matching from parts cars. But that's worked for me so far.

Testing a signature (which might need shortening)....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome aboard! Sounds like a "vintage" fleet of seasoned veterans.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome aboard from central Pennsylvania - home of the Central Penn SAAB Club.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Finally Photos...

image insertion issues made this a flop...replaced at post#24

thanks to turbocon86 and mySaab900 for their help and suggestions as I figured out something that worked for me to insert images.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
You need to have the images hosted online someplace like flicker or photobucket. Then just paste the image url in the pop-up when you click the insert-image icon when posting a message.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You need to have the images hosted online someplace like flicker or photobucket. Then just paste the image url in the pop-up when you click the insert-image icon when posting a message.
I setup a flicker acct but can't get my images to show. Something I read (after the fact) on the flicker site inferred that maybe they block links unless you buy a membership?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome man!! I'm into c900's probably the most out of any Saab model. Try Picasa for hosting photos, it's what I use and I like it a lot. I'm in Maine by the way. Hope you likee it here, get those pics up ASAP!! hehe

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Test...

edit: nope, no worky. You have to put the url of the actual photo, not the page it's on. If you right click on the little "?" in the post and select "view image in new window" you can see the flicker page though. Or click here.

This one's interesting--neat color.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
lol at least you got one to show up!

Test...

edit: nope, no worky. You have to put the url of the actual photo, not the page it's on. If you right click on the little "?" in the post and select "view image in new window" you can see the flicker page though. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5152815605/
from flicker...

Where is the HTML code and photo file link?
The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in "Share this." To get to it just go to the main photo page, click "Share this", and then "Get the HTML." We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.

The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts

What I did:

Went to your flickr page.
Right-clicked on the main image and then selected "large".
When the large image came up I right-clicked on it and selected "view image".
That opens the image in a window by itself.
I selected the url from the address pane at the top of the browser window and pasted it in the url pop-up that comes up when you click the insert-image icon in the create-a-post interface here on saablink.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
a little rough around the edges, but it looks awesome, maybe my favorite color of Saab, or the Saab olive green is another great one. At least yours has all the silver trim around it, mine is missing some.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts