Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back around 1997/1998, my dad came home with a brand new saab 9-5 (long story short, he bought THE saab that was displayed at trade shows, before the 9-5 officially came to America). He drove it for years. In 2004, we rented an RV to drive to South Dakota, and got in a big wreck. The next few months were pure chaos -- my mom was in the hospital in Minnesota, my dad didn't leave her side, and my two brothers and I had to start a new school year by ourselves. To get around, my dad gave my oldest brother the keys to the saab (he was 16 and had just gotten his license). My brother drove the saab for 4 years, until I turned 16 -- then it was passed down to me. Two weeks into my ownership, my brother decided he wanted to take the saab to one last party. Around 1 a.m., we get a call from him -- he was going too fast in the rain, lost control in a corner, and wrapped the car around a tree.

After several different cars, my love for saab has been rekindled...I'm back in the market, and hopefully my next car will be a 9-5 Aero 5-speed. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts