Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just joined. Been a member of another Saab forum, but just found this one. I've got a '03 9-5 Linear. Just hit 200,000 miles on my 9-5; mostly highway miles and I drive nice for the sake of fuel economy which in turn is easier on the engine. I haven't had any major problems with the engine. OE turbocharger. I do most of the maintenance myself. Besides oil, plugs, and filters, I've changed out the DI cassette, CPS, and alternator, serpentine belt, heater bypass valve. So far I've been lucky with no major problems. I want to drive this thing 'till it dies.

I'm looking into getting a replacement engine to rebuild then swap out in the event that the original engine gets too tired or does die on me. If anyone has any tips on swapping engines and/or rebuilding them, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Welcome!

I'd watch out for that GT17...its should have been dead LONG ago.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Welcome, keep up the good maintanceand frequent oil changes and the car should see 300k easy. I've got a few around here that show up with all original drive train. Testimonial for good maintance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome aboard - TSL is a great resource - participate and get the answers you'll need and or want. I have a '00 9-5 and it is a great car - 155k on it and all original - except some normal wear parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts