Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im new to the site just got my 1995 Saab 9000CS a week ago. Its got about 129k miles on it. Im looking for some fun things to do to it and was curius what all the minds around here are thinking. I posted a similar post on saab central just figured i would see if yall where could come up with ne thing different. i have a few pics of the car

http://images.andale.com/f2/102/102/16061583/1089217629891_100_1011.JPG
http://images.andale.com/f2/102/102/16061583/1092429149560_100_1016.JPG

would love some feed back open to ne thing. thanks

Brad

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. Manual Boost Controller, easy and inexpensive.
2. Larger diameter exhaust, remove the mufflers 8)
3.Less restrictive intake (air filter box).
4. Polyhurethane suspension bushings.
5. Sport lowering springs and shock absorbers.
6. Larger wheels and tires.

These will make a noticeable difference in performance, but first make sure that your car is in good running order before starting any mods, so as not to blame them for an already existing problem.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
I would say anti roll bar. Its not exactly "FUN" aka you cant see it or anything... but its a 100$ mod and once its on the car you will be having fun. I would say that made the most difference on my car handeling wise.

what price range are you looking in for theses FUN things?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as of right now around $200. but in a month a decent amount more then that. Fortunetly we have had college under the belt for some time sooo now im free to have a good time with the money i earn.YAY. As for a roll bar... should i be looking at a new one or a renforcment. thanks for the help and ideas guys keep em cominmg

·
Administrator
668 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the site... I see ur getting some good input already ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check this site out www.sasab.com . They have a front and rear 1" bar kit for the 9000, not cheap but very, VERY fun. But if you are running stock tire size, watch out :shock: they loose grip very easily :!:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well then what do u recomend for tiers haha :roll: ... as u can tell im VERY new at this. Also i was looking at somthing like this
http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm
would that work?
is anti sway and anti roll the same thing if not whats the difference?
one of thing i thought of today was... what are some basic tools that i should get for working on the car... not recognizing some stuff in there...
lots of questions sorry thanks for all your input
Brad

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
10mm box wrench is a common one along with a set or torx screwdrivers. umm mechanix gloves will save your hands. some liquid wrench too. umm a basic socket set also. try and get some wider like i believe 205/65/15 tires should fit...i like the falken azenis's myself

·
Registered
11 Posts
fretrunner9000 said:
well then what do u recomend for tiers haha :roll: ... as u can tell im VERY new at this. Also i was looking at somthing like this
http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm
would that work?
is anti sway and anti roll the same thing if not whats the difference?
one of thing i thought of today was... what are some basic tools that i should get for working on the car... not recognizing some stuff in there...
lots of questions sorry thanks for all your input
Brad
Well, for starters, that Abbott sway bar upgrade (sway/anti-roll are the same thing), will cost you about the same as the SAS kit (front and rear), SAS is in the U.S., so shipping should be cheaper. As for tires, well, I really like the super aeros, I used to have those (they got stolen :evil: ), now I run on 17"x8" with 235/40ZR17, these fill the wheel well nicely, and when the car is lowered it's PERFECT!. I cannot make the car skid on these :shock:
A warning now: the installation of the front bar can be very, very difficult :wink:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awsome guys... thanks so much. so whats so tricky about the front sway bar? So many things! yall are awsome. By the way whats the manual boost do? besides... give u a boost manualy.... learning lots and considering all. thanks

Brad

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
the mbc increases boost by bleeding off some of the pressure on its way to the wastegate actuator which is a diaphragm...therfore it fills up slower = a lter opening of the waste fate = more boost

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is it hard to instal? What kinda difference will it make?

Put in my new bushings today. As you said... will probly need new tiers. car handles great though. Whats next?

Brad

·
Registered
432 Posts
for a newbie to saabs i wouldnt go recommending An MBC off the bat.. i would say check out a free flowing exhaust, intake, then MBC to have fun with.. also get the h and r springs ,front and rear tower bars and rear sway bar..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts