Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new key fob from the dealer it has worked up until Saturday..now the remote will not allow me to lock and unlock the car from the key..please help its -10 in pa and locking the car manually sucks..

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Try putting it into and pulling it out of the ignition 4-5 times without turning it. Make sure all the doors, trunk, and hood are closed (no open warnings on SID).

Does the trim ring around the sunlight sensor blink red when you hit the remote button?

Try changing the battery too, Radio Shack usually has them, after you change it do step 1 above, into and out of the ignition a few times to learn the remote, and see if it works then.

Drew

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you(DREW) I will try this and let you know the turn out..i have a spare battery in my old fob as well..

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Try the battery, if you still get nothing take it back! You get a bad one every once in a while. If it starts the engine the remote should learn itself.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
What year is the car?

I had similar issues with my 07 9-3 last summer and it turns out my ignition switch had gone bad.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your help..none of the above worked so i just bought a 2010 Saab 9-3 instead...pricey key fob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts