Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show you guys my new inlet piping. I've had the cone filter for a while but was using the stock black rubber to attach it to the turbo. Now I am using a 2.5" mandrel bent pipe with silicone connectors. It really improves the turbo whine and looks great. More info on my site.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Upgrades/Stage4/PreTurbo.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks very sharp, something I'd be interested in doing actually. Where did you get the silicone and also whats the measure of the silicone that actually connects to the turbo?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats pretty much what I did, except mine is one peice 2.5" for the T25 setup. This is an excellent design for NG900s with a TD04, or other aftermarket turbo, and Im sure can be adapted to make use of the MAF sensor on the 9-3s.

·
Registered
144 Posts
driver found said:
Where does the MAF usually sit on a T7 car? Right around where the upper blue silicone hose is in that pic?
Yes the MAF is pretty much right were the upper blue silicone hose is in the pic.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
RyanGaeta said:
can this mod be done on a stock turbo, if so do mesurments have to be changed?
I'm sure there will be slight changes, like how it attaches to the T25 turbo.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ced, hey if you can get all the info about how to do this that would be awesome, because i am still planning on coming down the weekend of the 21st. BTW, my comp. is f***d up so i have to use a secure office laptop that wont let me d/l AOL I/M .. so if you wanna tlak about it, hit up the cell or shoot me an email @ [email protected]

and as far as the chip... it might be a while, my car is in the shop again.. i might have snapped a connecting rod somehow?!? so its at saab getting assessed.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've updated my site to answer the questions. Got the silicone from ebay and the pipe from the local speed shop. I tried Home Depot, the local auto part store and a muffler shop and none had a metal mandrel bent pipe. For a T25 turbo it would be a bit different. Here is a pic of my ported out TD04.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Upgrades/Stage4/PreTurbo.html

And the here's the T25 with stock inlet pipe. The lip on the T25 is less than a 1/2 inch high.

Eric

·
Registered
47 Posts
so if you are cutting the pipe above the 90 angle then you wouldn't need a silcone elbow you would just need a straight silcone connector. correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts