Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not more than one week that I got my first saab. A 9-3 Vector 2.0t (with 15k kms on tachymeter) from a Saab dealer in Germany.
The car is practically new, looks like brand new also(was used by the dealer for driving between different SAAB points) and runs perfectly.I really loved this car from the first time i drove! And its neither a Mercedes or a BMW (almost everyone here owns either a MB or a BMW...A SAAB makes the difference, and believe thats no way behind in quality :)
It is also full with ALL possible extras (except from navigation and integrated telephone )
I decided not to go for a brand new car(since it would cost me at least 15000 Euros more with all these extras) .The car costed me about 25.000 € (i think it was a very reasonable price, regarding all this extra stuff!!)
What I m thinking of, is upgrading to an Infotainment Plus system (ES3-7) with navigation.
Have contacted many saab dealers (my dealer said it would not be so easy enough, but i doubt about it), and yet have got no clear answer if such an upgrade is technically possible (in fact i ve been told many different opinions about it). I guess that only a change in Main Unit is required (that is the speakers and wiring remain unchanged). Any ideas?
I am also thinking to ask the dealer upgrade the software (have already a service appointment on monday, and its for FREE).Do you find a software upgrade necessary? (My 9-3 is an early 03 model)

Thank you all!
(promise to come again with pics )

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey Im glad we have another New 9-3 owner. Welcome to the site...can't wait to see some pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts