Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own a saab but my dad does. I would like to do something performance wise for his car for christmas. He has a 1990 convertible 16v-T special edition.

I wanted to know if there are larger intercooler pipes that could replace his restrictive ones? Also I wouldnt mind getting him a good down pipe also. I think the exhaust system on his car is fairly new so I dont want to replace that.

At the present time I am working on finding him some new door cards for me to do some custom apholstry (spelling) work to also.

Thanks for any help
Dave

·
Administrator
668 Posts
How much are you looking to spend for him?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess $500 or less. He loves the car and I just want to make it more enjoyable. Are there any good web sites I could look at these parts at? That would be most helpful.

Im no stranger to working on cars and neither is he. Just I dont know where to get these parts at and what would be the best for him.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
as I am no 900 expert I am not the person to talk to about this but here are a few sites to get you started.

www.genuinesaab.com

www.mpperformance.com

www.group9performance.com

Those are my favorties... MP is GREAT parts for cheep and they are #1 as far as service (in my expiceances)

genuine has a HUGE selection fast shipping and good service.

group 9 has some new coustom parts and the owner is friendly.

·
7,595 Posts
www.genuinesaab.com is the only US place I know that sells the JT exhaust systems. IMO, it's probably about the best buy for the money around for a 3" downpipe. If it's a downpipe you want, I think the JT is the best bet. I'll be buying one shortly for my C-900

Group 9 has a nice exhaust but it's damn near 4 times what genuine saab wants for the JT system, and that's just way too much for anyone to pay for an exhaust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info paople. You guys are way more accommodating than my VW webpage. Thanks again.

Dave

·
Administrator
668 Posts
thats why you should get a saab and come on back :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i spoke with steve hayes on the phone this morning and he was telling me of the prices you guys are being charged for downpipes and exhausts plus anything else to do with saab ,and concluded it would be cheaper for you guys to import from the uk ,www.partsforsaabs.co.uk do the downpipe for 140 gb pounds .i dare say with shipping it would still be cheaper than what some of the us firms are charging

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, yes, the APC-mod via www.900aero.com would be by far the easiest mod, but not w great present now would it :D
The JT is a niece peace of kit, getting a complete system welded in stainless by a mate, whos making quite a few for some guys in the danish saab-club, looking forward to getting the DP along with the excisting 3" JT-system...
Danie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts