Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ice got a 95 9000cs...and i really need a cd player. Only problem is people keep telling me it wont work cuz of teh wiring harness for the stock head unit...like there no wires it just plugs directly in or somethin?

can someone explain? :?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
i can explain - your friends are clueless!! lol I just had a Alpine CDA-9813 CD/MP3 in dash head unit installed onto the factory harness and plugs. It seemed very simple too. I suggest anything Alpine BTW if you are looking for quality. Check out the other threads on the ICE section for pics of the cda-9813. Good Luck - let us know what you end up doing!

·
Registered
314 Posts
mom has a 95 aero..it is slightly different than the c900 but still the same setup with the "keys" to remove them

·
7,595 Posts
swaping head units in saabs is about as easy as it gets... while some manufacturers don't even have a single DIN slot in the dash, the saab 9000 has 3! not only that, but the stock wire hargess is quality and can handle the output of a head unit like the alpine CDA-9813 no problem. wiring up head unit in a saab is about a 30 min- to an hour long job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts