Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know shit about car audio.... nothing at all. I want a new head unit for my viggen that can play MP3s but every time i get the balls to go to the store they are like uhhhh saabs.... your radio is hooked up to your computer.... you cant do it or we dont have the kits or somthing always happens. so whats the deal? can i put one in myself? where do i get an install kit? etc.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
You can get aftermarket. Its actually best to do it yourself if you have the door speakers...that way you can make sure they get connected. Installation is a breeze (especially with the Saab aftermarket harness). Its just important to get an extra din storage to fill the gap.

If you need help Chip, lemme know. I know audio installs really well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thats right, Alpine is the best! You'll be amazed how much better your tracks sound with bass engine and media expander... You should be able to get a harness at like Circuit city, but I don't know for sure cause I hardwire in all my stuff. Then again, I don't have a nice new viggen like you do... Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
go to Best Buy and get a vw harness and a ford dash kist with pocket.use the remote turn on lead (amp turn on) and your ready to go.The didplay for the radio will not show up in the sid and your steering wheel controls will be gone,however there are kits to intergrate the factory controls to work the aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
i find crutchfields a little pricey...but good for help!

but yes Alpine is good

i also like Clarion, and Kenwood

with the Sonys, they usualy outdate themselves within months.... or so it seems like to me.

Panasonic is not bad but more lower end on the quality..

you could get an Eclipse deck they are nice $$

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
tplesssaab said:
go to Best Buy and get a vw harness and a ford dash kist with pocket.use the remote turn on lead (amp turn on) and your ready to go.The didplay for the radio will not show up in the sid and your steering wheel controls will be gone,however there are kits to intergrate the factory controls to work the aftermarket radio.
You can go to genuinesaab.com they make kits... and yes if you have the steering controls you can save them with this little gadget...(doesnt work with sony (i think their remotes are IR??))

i installed it in my '00 9-3 and it works great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts