Saab Link banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know the car scene for saabs is basically obsolete around here but I was wondering if anyone knows of any local car clubs dealing with saabs....very new the saab frenzy and would like to learn a thing or two...plus check out other peoples nice rides

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
nesaab.org

·
User
9,193 Posts
Saab scene obsolete? We have 8 modified NG900/9-3's in Claremont alone.

Anyways, what's with the screen name?

·
User
9,193 Posts
I have a love hate relationship with my saab...or euros in general...I have owned 2 vdubs before this saab (damn german engineering)...But minus the turbo lag I like my slob 9-3
Turbo lag?! :lol:... These cars build boost almost immediately.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Saab scene obsolete? We have 8 modified NG900/9-3's in Claremont alone.

Anyways, what's with the screen name?
and a tuned tally about 5 minutes from you in milford. plus a 9k CS LPT turned CSE FPT.

oh yeah and a lot of other tuned cars...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Coming in a little sideways, ain't ya Saabhater? Hang out here and maybe you'll learn how to make that thing run right. Some of these guys are gettin 300 HP real easy with a cold air intake, 3" Downpipe, and ECU programs. Some are gettin 500HP with 30 pounds of boost and a bunch of money. Don't nobody here tell him 'bout that there dyno day comin up. He might start to like that car that Government Motors had their fingers into.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Search this site... are numerous posts on upgrading Saabs.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Parts aren't all that expensive... Best route for you would be a 3" downpipe, open intake, fmic, saabsport exhaust, td04 15T turbo, and stage 4. It'll be plenty of "go" for the average driver. But be warned, you'll get bored of it very quickly and be tempted to go bigger...

Or you can just go the route of a Holset turbo, injectors, tune, fmic, exhaust, fuel pump, etc...

Here's a good start for you....

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/index.php

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
These cars don't do "show" very well. It always sounds better on paper than it looks in execution.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
GM is terrible I hate them lol...but seriously where are you guys in milf...would like to stop by and see your rides...need tips for upgrading
i will be in bedford soon. We could try to set up an impromtu meet. i want to try and get people to Epping to run the 1/4 for s&giggles..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i will be in bedford soon. We could try to set up an impromtu meet. i want to try and get people to Epping to run the 1/4 for s&giggles..
Honestly, I would go to epping to see other cars run...but I wouldn't run mine only because its basically stock and in need of an aftermarket exhaust and stage 1 tune....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Parts aren't all that expensive... Best route for you would be a 3" downpipe, open intake, fmic, saabsport exhaust, td04 15T turbo, and stage 4. It'll be plenty of "go" for the average driver. But be warned, you'll get bored of it very quickly and be tempted to go bigger...

Or you can just go the route of a Holset turbo, injectors, tune, fmic, exhaust, fuel pump, etc...

I have already used genuine saab for some basic stuff...but remember I am a college student returning to college within the next month...I will probably work during school...and I get paid by the army so maybe I can invest in that fmic and aftermarket bumper...

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
You gonna live on campus?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Honestly, I would go to epping to see other cars run...but I wouldn't run mine only because its basically stock and in need of an aftermarket exhaust and stage 1 tune....
just run it. give you a good baseline to compare those future upgrades to. I mean why not run? you would be surprised at what you do on the track.

and why do you only want stage 1? what do you have against stage 2? not trying to slam you but like people told me going stage 1 would have just equaled me getting stage 2 as 1 just makes you want 2 that much more...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and why do you only want stage 1? what do you have against stage 2? not trying to slam you but like people told me going stage 1 would have just equaled me getting stage 2 as 1 just makes you want 2 that much more...[/QUOTE]

those are also the people who wanted stage 3...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts