Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '96 9000 CS on Monday. It has 76,000 miles and the previous owner had the engine replaced in November of 2004 which cost him $3300. I called the SAAB dealer that did the work but they didn't keep a record of how many miles were on the engine they used, which I thought was odd. Anyway, I don't know much about SAAB's as this is my first, I am coming from a Subaru WRX, so power is down quite a bit on the SAAB. I guess I have the 2.3 LPT 170 hp engine. I already ordered new rims from Cheap Wheels.com (16" TSW's). What is the easiest mod for more hp? I just want to get it to 200 or so. I was looking at the Group9 Perfromance modified APC which says will add 30-40 hp with matched fule delivery and ignition timing. What does that mean? Anyone have anyexperience with the modified APC? Thanks.

·
7,595 Posts
good car to get, the 9000 engine & chasse can easily take 300+ hp with a turbo upgrade before other things become an issue (other than traction) :lol: you are somewhat limited with the boost that the car can make because it's got a tiny T-25 turbo, and it's an LPT but there are some good basic mods you can do. the LPT models have a fuel cut off fairly early but you can get yourself a touch more boost (I think 7 PSI is the limit) with nothing more than an MBC. what I would do if I were you- upgrade to either a 9000CSE ecu or a 9000 aero ECU (you need the wastegate solenoid too). then upgrade to a TD04HL 15T turbo unit. you will have a cool 225 HP and a lot more torque. more than enough to give a stock WRX some trouble, EXPECIALLY on the highway ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help DeLorean. Where would I get the CSE or AERO ECU's and solenoid? I don't want to mess with the turbo just yet. I saw a receipt the previous owner had and he replaced the turbo in October of 2003 with a brand new one, so I like to keep the stocker and try to get the most out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts