Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im new here and new to saabs as well im picking up a 2002 93 se next week... i was on another forum browsing and i guess i have the T7 engine which restricts me from doing what i really want which is a nice audible on every shift bov which im a litle pissed about... is there any way we can mod it in at all? i just love the sound of BOV's...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry no BOV for you, but there is pleanty of other stuff you can do. Have fun, watch out for oil sludge, T7's are notorious for that problem.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i read up on the oil sludge ... full synth only

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
More importantly, regular oil changes. If you have the old records, check to see how often it was changed. If it was more than 5k miles at a time, get ready to clean your pan.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok... i dont have the car yet im picking up next week how do i know what engine i have? the 185hp or the 200hp?... and was a cheap mods that will give the car a little extr pep? do anyone make a under drive pulley?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and how do i get the tellow fog lights?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
ok... i dont have the car yet im picking up next week how do i know what engine i have? the 185hp or the 200hp?... and was a cheap mods that will give the car a little extr pep? do anyone make a under drive pulley?
If it's a 2000-2002, the SE models were all the B205R engine. Uses the same head and turbo as the Viggen and 9-5 Aero. Less displacement but a slightly lower compression ratio for safety. It's a great platform for modding.

You can do an MBC. Instructions and details are all over the site. That's probably the cheapest mod for power.

In the spring, look under the car to see whether the previous owner installed an upgraded anti-sway bar. That's easily the best handling mod for the buck. By far. Car will track flattter around corners and will feel much faster and more stable.

Underdrive pulleys aren't really worth the effort on these cars. There's much more power to be gained from other tweaks...that's the beauty of turbocharging.

Save up your francs/rubles/yen for a 3-inch downpipe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sweet ... this is my first turboed car... and what does MBC stand for???

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
It's a manual boost controller, and if this is your first turbocharged car, don't start fiddling with one until you knock out some of the expected maintainence issues that will crop up. That will give you some valuable time under the hood and around the car...

Get the car running 100 percent, then start tinkering. Use that time to search the boards to figure out your action plan. :cool:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
sweet ... this is my first turboed car... and what does MBC stand for???
manual boost controller

If I was you, I would focus on getting an exhaust system in place, specifically a 3" downpipe. If you want an audible shift sound, get an open intake and remove the under-hood insulation. You can also put on a forge diverter valve to make a little more whoosh sound. You cannot run a Blow off valve, nor do you want to.

I would check the sludge condition asap, drop the pan and check the pickup screen, make sure PCV # 6 has been done on the car, if it hasn't, do that ASAP. You can get that from genuine saab, do a search on the forums, plenty of threads about it.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Positive crankcase ventilation update 6. Helps reduce engine sludge. Most folks did this over the past few years, but it's worrth checking.

The forum's search function will be your trusted friend and valuable adviser ;) It will have answers to questions you haven't even thought of asking.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know search is good lol this isnt my first car forum ive been on i just find it easier to ask the question direct esspecially when you as Saab stupid as me

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
i know search is good lol this isnt my first car forum ive been on i just find it easier to ask the question direct esspecially when you as Saab stupid as me
No prob, man :cool:

You're in good company. The folks here are generally helpful and funny, but if you do something crazy like slam it and put a wing on the roof and ride on 21" wheels, you'll get a metric ton of shit ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol dont thing so... i like the clean look... id drop it a little but would like 17" Saab wheels... and NO wing... lol... but again cause my question wasnt answered earlier... what should i do to get the yellow fogs? tint, hid, just a yellow bulb?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
lol dont thing so... i like the clean look... id drop it a little but would like 17" Saab wheels... and NO wing... lol... but again cause my question wasnt answered earlier... what should i do to get the yellow fogs? tint, hid, just a yellow bulb?
get yellow rock guard mm adhesive film to lay over. THe fogs don't come in yellow by themselves

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do you have a link?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol ebay SUCKS

1 - 20 of 57 Posts