Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new guy here, name's Rick.

Not too long ago I picked up a '00 9-3 SE with a spun bearing. Only 88k miles, no rust, and a near perfect interior. I've already swapped in another engine and have been driving it. Few kinks to work out but overall I'm enjoying the car.

I don't have any decent pics of it just yet, but I have the ones I took when I started working on it here: http://www.saablink.net/forum/car-problems-ng900-old-9-3-only/52403.htm#post791715

I also drive a '97 3000GT VR4 which is my main "fun" car. Currently it's nearing the end of a build. Figured I would throw up a few pics/vids for anyone who's interested.

Best run (pre-build): YouTube - VR4 vs EVO 8
Build details here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2342504/1997-mitsubishi-3000gt

So that's about it. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. They can be a hassle, but worth it for me in the end.

I hope to get the 9-3 looking as good as the VR4. I've seen some pics on here that make me want to start buying parts. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome funny enough my dream car was a 3000GT VR4 but due to lack of funds I was unable to purchase one let alone maintain it. I instead got a Saab 9000 and life has been awesome ever since! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Howdy!

I took a quick pic during the rain the other evening with my phone (night pics FTL):

I plan to get a set of wheels, maybe lower it an inch or two, and some tint (mis-matched hubcaps FTL). Other than having a few spots touched up on the body, that will probably be all.

Welcome funny enough my dream car was a 3000GT VR4 but due to lack of funds I was unable to purchase one let alone maintain it. I instead got a Saab 9000 and life has been awesome ever since! :D
At least you were smart enough not to jump right in. A lot of people do and then get a huge sticker shock when something breaks or when 60k maintenance comes around. I'd still recommend getting one, but my opinion is a bit biased. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts