Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got my tax return back and have been saving up over the past couple of months and decided it was time to start buying goodies for the Viggen.

Here's what I have purchased so far. I'm pretty excited for spring so I can get it out of storage and start retrofitting and installing my new stuff!

Morimoto Mini H1 4300k Stage III Projector/HID Kit

Blazer Projector Stage III 3000k HID Kit (They'll be in the factory fog housings)

Side Emitting LED Strip lights for the fog lights

Custom Clear Headlight Lenses (still a work in progress)

Koni Kit

GS Poly filled strut mounts

'06 9-3SS Aero Wheels (5 Spoke)... Waiting til spring to purchase them from a friend.

Can't wait to take some after pictures once everything is installed. Stay tuned. :)

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 things.

1 - why did you get a h1 kit and not d2s?

2 - i thought nick said the race mounts only work with the coilovers?
1. The H1's have a much better cutoff than the D2S mini's... Look into it. ;) Also, the H1 has the ability to do the prism shield mod creating an insane color flicker. Most people go with the H1's over the D2S's when it comes to the Morimoto Mini's.

2. The mounts have the option for either race struts or stock/sport struts.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well it's better than the 12k bulbs you used before.

You are going to love the koni kit, I've been singing it's praises for 4 years now. You'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i think you know by now i was never after the cutoff. i woulda have gotten d2s's if they were out at the time.

and that choice on the mounts must have been just added in like the last 3 days...i was just looking at them the other day and was made they were only for the coils.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well it's better than the 12k bulbs you used before.

You are going to love the koni kit, I've been singing it's praises for 4 years now. You'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner.
Never had 12000k... Highest I had were 8000k's. The 10,000K I thought I had (which I purchased used) were actually more white than my 8,000K's so I believe they were 6's. Again, never had anywhere near 12k.

And Nate, if you weren't after the cutoff, what were you after? The H1 and D2S have the same light output, the only real plus of going D2S is you can use factory bulbs (aka Philips). That's about it.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
d2s are higher grade components than all the rebased h1 stuff, and they actually do have a little more light output.
The base of the D2S is indeed much nicer, but both function almost the same. I am willing to sacrifice the higher quality bases for a much flatter cutoff. The H1 just had more appealing features to me. ;)

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going to heat them in the oven. If I screw up the factory fogs, it's not a big deal, I can fashion up some brackets and make custom shrouds for them. Matt from TRS gave me a deal on them so I couldn't really say no.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just curious since I need to fix mine.

I just was hoping heating and taking off the lens wasnt the only way
That's pretty much going to be the only way (unless you make custom brackets and shrouds).

It's really not that difficult, most retrofits require them to heat their headlights in the oven to make the glue soft. Doesn't require a lot of heat so it won't melt the plastic. Then you just reseal them. I'm also thinking of using acrylic lenses for my fogs as well so they're crystal clear. Not sure yet. I have a lot of stuff to do when it comes out of storage lol.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
My race strut mounts are for stock/sport (soft springs) dampers as an option or the race Konis (harder springs), but the springaccommodations are only for 2.5" coilovers not the factory replacement style.
So wait, they won't work with the koni springs? If this is the case then I'll have to change my order. Perhaps it should be more clearly marked on the description.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts